Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Forum troubles -- HELP!

Quote Reply
Forum troubles -- HELP!
Frown I successfully installed the forum program about a week ago. I set up two categories and two forums under each without any problems. I have now over 50 users registered, again with no problems. Several posts have been made to one forum as well, with no problems.

All forum were accessible yesterday. Now, today for some reason, when I try to access the forums that do NOT have posts in them I am getting the following error for each of them:

Quote:
Can't call method "fetchall_list" on an undefined value at /home/calligra/calligraphicarts-www/cgi-bin/cyberforum/admin/GForum/Post.pm line 438.

I have turned on debugging with both the error and environment variables; however, I don't know how to interpret them.

CAN SOMEONE HERE HELP????!
Quote Reply
Re: [rtuttle] Forum troubles -- HELP! In reply to
>>CAN SOMEONE HERE HELP????!
<<

I guess pasting the debugging would be a start Crazy
Post deleted by rtuttle In reply to
Quote Reply
Theres the problem:

GT::SQL::error = Failed to execute query: 'SELECT post_id_fk FROM gforum_Ancestor WHERE ( anc_id_fk IN () ) ' Reason: You have an error in your SQL syntax near ') ) ' at line 1

I'll let Jason or Alex fix it Angelic
Quote Reply
Re: [PaulW] Forum troubles -- HELP! In reply to
Shocked Ah! Is there anyway I could fix it? I really need those forums working. Unsure

Also, why do you think it all of sudden got that error?

Thanks for the help,
Richard
Quote Reply
I've fixed it locally. I think the error is happening because you have your profile set to view fully expanded, and there seems to be a bug when viewing a emtpy forum in that way.

The attached file should replace admin/GForum/Post.pm and should fix the problem.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [jagerman] Forum troubles -- HELP! In reply to
Sly It worked wonderfully!

Thanks ever so much.

You're an angel! Angelic
Quote Reply
Quote:
Can't call method "fetchall_list" on an undefined value at /home/calligra/calligraphicarts-www/cgi-bin/cyberforum/admin/GForum/Post.pm line 438.

I had this exact same error yesterday. I could post in one section that had existing posts, but not in any new section. I turned debugging on and thought I was looking at some sort of fatal SQL error.

As I was about ready to pull my hair out I had a buddy check to see if it was just me...and it was.

The only thing I had done recently was change my user name in the profile. Suspecting that something was ill with the cookie I deleted it and the problem was resolved.

It was ugly while it lasted though.

I haven't had the energy to try and replicate the error today, but that might be something the folks on the development side would want to chase down.