Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Featured Needed (or tip)

Quote Reply
Featured Needed (or tip)
I'm needing delete ALL THE POST and MESSAGES from one user (this is a supposed case) and it can take me a lot of time to make it. Why i can need to do this? Because if a abusive user log in on my forum just for post over and over bad messages or trash messages (flood), then i will need a tool for eliminate quickly and easy all their post (after ban him) to discourage a new intent from other user (or the same, with other nick name and e-mail acount) making him notice that their intents are futiles Wink.I think that if today one abusive user want give me a headache, posting thrash a certain time, then this action can easily overload the moderation task, as this annoying user wanted Pirate.

Please... sorry if my english is not good enough to explain my point, and tell me please, how i can avoid this supposed trouble if a user want disturb the threads in a forum. On the other hand, i found the gossamer forum hard to flood with trash messages, and see a very good system for avoid repetitive messages and post. This is the best value as i'm opting for the implementation of this forum Smile.

Thanx in advance.

http://www.webconferencia.net/
Quote Reply
Re: [acidoinmetal] Featured Needed (or tip) In reply to
I think you can just delete the user from your admin panel, and it will delete all the posts from that user.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] Featured Needed (or tip) In reply to
In Reply To:
I think you can just delete the user from your admin panel, and it will delete all the posts from that user.

If I remember correctly, deleting a user will not delete all the posts from that user (it's not like deleting a forum...). Frown

I'm agree that it would be really great and useful to have this kind of feature!

François
Quote Reply
Re: [Franco] Featured Needed (or tip) In reply to
Amen! I just had this situation a few days ago, and when the posts are the equivalent of 5 pages long it's a REAL pain.

Realiiity.com Forums
Quote Reply
In Reply To:

Hi Ivan!

Sorry, but deleting the user from admin panel, leave all the post and messages in the forum Frown. Do you think that manipulate the mysql database can give a way to do this?

Thanx.

Quote Reply
Re: [acidoinmetal] Featured Needed (or tip) In reply to
I thought it would be automatic, but it really isn't, my fault. Here's what you can do to make it automatic:

Make the 'user_id_fk' field in the Post table a foreign key to the 'user_id' field in the User table. I don't know if you can do that from mysqlman or not. Plus, you would have to add something like the following into the Post.def file, under the 'fk' heading:
Code:
'gforum_User' => {
'user_id_fk' => 'user_id'
},
I don't recommend any of this if you don't know exactly what you are doing. Don't tell me I didn't warn you if things go wrong. Jason certainly has his reasons for not making it automatic.

Alteratively, use sql monitor to issue an sql command that does the above.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
hmmmm to much for me.... Thanx anyway Iván. I think that a new feature most be included in futures releases that improves the post and messages deletions. Smile