Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Feature request - Admin view of PM activity

Quote Reply
Feature request - Admin view of PM activity
This might be a bit touchy, but I would like to see some ability for the admin (not moderators) to take a look at a user's PM activity. How many have they sent, who have they sent to, and search content of same for key words.

With posted messages you can deal with the bad apples in a straight forward manner...but what about those bad apples who sign up, never post, and conduct their nefarious activities via private messages?

Such a feature would have the potential for abuse and would not be popular with users if known about. As a board admin you have to deal with some distasteful stuff unfortunately.

It would beat having to clunk around Enterprise Manager or the Gossamer query interface just to spank some abusive user...or rely on spotty user reports.

Last edited by:

ArmyAirForces: Sep 18, 2002, 2:11 PM
Quote Reply
Watched user report feature In reply to
And while I'm at it. How about the ability to have the forum generate a regular report on specific user id's? If you have a couple of knuckleheads you have to watch it could be handy.

With the forum subscription and watched thread capability, it shouldn't be too hard to adapt something for the admin/moderator interface. Whatever that will look like in 2.0.0.

Big brother is watching...
Quote Reply
Re: [ArmyAirForces] Watched user report feature In reply to
I agree...

In this case Big Brother is good!
Quote Reply
Re: [ArmyAirForces] Watched user report feature In reply to
I was also wondering whether it is possible to know how much space is being used per user in Private Message world. I have one user that I know keeps on sending messages out to all the female users and hasn't posted one message in a forum yet.

I'd also like to be able to see if a lot of space is used in PM world on an attachment level, when attachments are allowed.

As for having access to any PMs I'm not to favorable but hey I think the option should be there if some people want to use it, but I would have thought you would need to inform users about this ??

John
Significant Media
Quote Reply
Re: [ArmyAirForces] Feature request - Admin view of PM activity In reply to
In Reply To:
This might be a bit touchy, but I would like to see some ability for the admin (not moderators) to take a look at a user's PM activity.

Yes, it's a bit touchy... But you can already do it: Tools -> Messages -> Search (down the page).

Also you can set the message.eml template to receive notifications when a "bad" user send a private message. Just put in the hidden line of the template: "<%if msg_username eq '[bad user]'%>Bcc: your_email@yoursite.com<%endif%>. But this is really more "touchy"!!

François

Last edited by:

Franco: Sep 18, 2002, 6:59 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Franco] Feature request - Admin view of PM activity In reply to
Wow...never would have looked there. Thanks François.

-Scott