Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Favorite Threads, Forums

Quote Reply
Favorite Threads, Forums
It would be very nice to be able to select favorite forums and mark threads that you would like to keep an eye on. Similar to the way the forums at www.dslreports.com. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: [earthgolf] Favorite Threads, Forums In reply to
Yes this has been mentioned before.

I would really LOVE to see this feature on these boards. A simple 'watch list'.

And then after that's been implemented, maybe a simple 'print' button...

And then, a simple page showing you your watched threads, thrads that you have paticipated in, threads that you have posted a message and someone has replied to your message (how many replies, and from who?) and threads that show no replies.

If the above features would be implamented on the GT boards, it would truly make it an outstanding board and it would offer something noelse can (which is very important in the crowded BB markerplace these days).

Hmm, just my $2.

Cheers

Wil

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Favorite Threads, Forums In reply to
dude it's $.02 not $2 :-) Glad you aren't writing my company's banking software. LOL

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator

Last edited by:

PerlFreak: Oct 25, 2001, 7:35 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFreak] Flippin' American Dollars In reply to
hmph.

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFreak] Favorite Threads, Forums In reply to
Well maybe his opinion is worth 100 times more than your el' cheapo 2 cent opinion Tongue

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Favorite Threads, Forums In reply to
Maybe he's being generous :)

I'm stingy so would only give $0.01
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Favorite Threads, Forums In reply to
Plain text viewing will be in the 0.9.6 release (or 1.0.0 if we don't release another beta).

As for thread tracking, this isn't such a minor feature. We currently have it slated for sometime after 1.0.0 - hopefully not too long, but it won't be included in 1.0.0. We do not want to include any substantial new features before 1.0.0, since we are getting close to a final stable release and they wouldn't have a chance to be tested.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Favorite Threads, Forums In reply to
eek. lighten up! Can't I tease people without getting into trouble? Mad

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Re: [jagerman] Favorite Threads, Forums In reply to
Maybe this favorite threads and forums (something really useful, from my experience with wwwthreads) could be implemented as a plugin. What I thought is that this will be similar to the 'mylinks' plugin that was around (the idea at least AFAIK) for some time (for links sql). I would like to see both and be able to set an area with my links, and my plugins (like a tab on top of a mypage page, where I could move between Mys..my links and threads). hope this makes sense...
Quote Reply
Re: [patagon] Favorite Threads, Forums In reply to
Seriously though, I absolutely agree that a thread tracking system would be great idea.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Re: [jagerman] Favorite Threads, Forums In reply to
Sorry, Jason. I've just re-read my post, and noticed that I use the word 'simple' a lot. I was not trying to undermine your good work in anyway. I do realise and appreciate the effort you, and others, put it.

Glad to see that you're working towards a stable release. You're right. It would be foolish to try and work in any big features or changes at this delicate stage.

Rgds

Wil

- wil