Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Extra new lines

Quote Reply
Extra new lines
Hi

Has anyone else noticed that if you post a message, and then go back to edit it, the forum software has added one maybe two additional newlines to the end of the messages?

Is this a bug or is it me? <g>.

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Extra new lines In reply to
no, it's not just you.. personaly, I don't like the advanced editor at all. The way quotes are handled, text is all marked-up when it doens't need to be. Overall, just plain annoying/difficult to use. I switched back to default editor almost immediately.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
Re: [ThatPerson1024] Extra new lines In reply to
Same here. I use the Basic Editor by default. And I was referring to the Basic Editor adding new lines, not the Advanced one.

Cheers

- wil
Quote Reply
oh... you didn't say that. regardless, I didn't notice that happening untill I tried teh advanced editor.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
*sigh*

All these esoteric requests! Wink

I think I've fixed it - you notice it when you edit, correct?

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [jagerman] Extra new lines In reply to
I wouldn't group us regulars as esoteric ;-)

Yes, I notice this when I hit the edit button. It adds an extra new line to the end of the message.

- wil
Quote Reply
I believe he is right. If you're like me, and either type faster than the biological spell checker or have some compulsive desire to edit, edit, edit, you see a new line added for each time you edit (at least I think you do). [edit 1] [edit2] [edit3] [edit4 and viola!]

Last edited by:

heavybombers: Jan 7, 2002, 9:31 AM