Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Error deleting a user

Quote Reply
Error deleting a user
I have a user which I can't delete. Trying gives the following error. Any ideas on the cause or solution ?

A fatal error has occurred:
GT::SQL::Table (1912): Wrong argument passed to this subroutine. Usage: Could not create a condition object out of arguments. at GForum::Table::User::_plg_delete line 464.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.
GT::SQL::Table (1912): Wrong argument passed to this subroutine. Usage: Could not create a condition object out of arguments. at GForum::Table::User::_plg_delete line 464.
Quote Reply
Re: [davidnavigator] Error deleting a user In reply to
We still can't delete users, and I have just tried deleting old posts using the "Posts: Delete Old" ... selected forum, selected number of days and that's getting stuck totally in the same place for each forum I have tried it on. One has 1200 threads to delete, the other 115, but both times, it gets stuck in the same place. No error message, the blue bar at the bottom showing progress just stops ... and it's been stuck there for literally hours.

Could someone please get in touch as to why we're unable to delete anything?

Thank you.

Last edited by:

bluesnavigator: Jul 10, 2005, 5:25 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [bluesnavigator] Error deleting a user In reply to
Did I not give enough information?

Have been persistently trying this many ways, and sometimes it works, (provided the amount of threads to be deleted is below approx 20 so I assume a timeout is the problem for more), but it's not reliable even under twenty results, giving the following error message:

A fatal error has occurred:

Can't call method "fetchrow_arrayref" on an undefined value at GForum::Table::Post::_plg_delete line 283.
Please enable debugging in setup for more details.
Can't call method "fetchrow_arrayref" on an undefined value at GForum::Table::Post::_plg_delete line 283
Quote Reply
Re: [bluesnavigator] Error deleting a user In reply to
Hi,

This error:

typically indicates that your foreign keys are out of whack in the .def files, and you have a reference to a table that no longer exists. It's quite tricky to track down and we need to get some better checking in there that will make it easier. Often it's caused by uninstalling a plugin that does not properly clean up after itself.

Can you email support-gforum at gossamer-threads.com with the url to the admin area and preferably shell access and we can take a look and see what's going on.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Gossamer Threads Inc.