Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Editor screwed...

Quote Reply
Editor screwed...
Have a look at the attachment to see what I mean Wink

I managed to get this to happen (where it continuasly re-posts your message for as long as it takes the browser to stop) by doing the following;

1) Type a message

2) Preview it

3) Preview it again

4) Click back once, and it should do it.

Let me know if anyone else has seen it, or if its one of M$'s magical bugs Wink I'm using IE 5.5 btw.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] Editor screwed... In reply to
Not happening here. I get a this page has expired message from IE when I click back.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Editor screwed... In reply to
Me too.
Quote Reply
Odd. I reproduced it 3 times earlier. I'll keep trying, but havn't got it to do it again since Frown Definatly something you guys may wanna keep an eye on though Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Got it to do it again (see attachment)...there is definatly something here. I was doing a modification of a post, and just going back and forth with preview/make changes/clicking back etc. Then it just seems to get stuck in a loop and keep tryign to print the post Frown

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Clicking back when using the editor isn't such a great idea, and realistically, there isn't any need to do so. I took a look in the Javascript code, and everything seems to be in order. It sounds like yet another random IE Javascript bug.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [jagerman] Editor screwed... In reply to
Quote:
there isn't any need to do so
I always do it...faster than clicking the main page link again, and waiting for the whole thing to load...just a stupid habit I've got into Wink

Quote:
It sounds like yet another random IE Javascript bug.
Lol..wouldn't surprise me in the least Tongue

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Take a look at the After Posting action in the profile - you can jump staight back to the forum list.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [jagerman] Editor screwed... In reply to
Cool. Didn't see that option Tongue

Thanks

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk