Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Disallowed Markup

Quote Reply
Disallowed Markup
In my forum, I have disallowed the use of font tags (i.e. in setup, markup_allow_font is set to No).

However, when a user uses the advanced editor and writes something in some font, it will insert the font tags, i.e. the displayed text will appear as [font "SomeFontFace"]some text[/font]

I think, if some markup tags are disallowed, they should simply be ignored, and not displayed.

Any thoughts on this?

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] Disallowed Markup In reply to
I agree, I have "size" and "img" tags disallowed myself.
Quote Reply
Re: [HeavyBombers] Disallowed Markup In reply to
Mdify them in Markup-->Tags-->Modify so that the HTML simply prints a blank character or something?

I haven't tested that, but I would guess it would have the end result you want..

--gleep
Hello! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your signature and help me spread!
Quote Reply
Re: [gleep] Disallowed Markup In reply to
Thanks for the idea. You can almost do that....

With the font tag, you have to be careful, because of you enter nothing for the [/font] tag, it will delete it from the markup tag list. If somebody then uses the [/font] tag, it will be displayed as [/font].

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
Re: [gleep] Disallowed Markup In reply to
Well, I gave this a shot but it still printed the tags. Not sure how this works and suspect we'll need some Gossamer guru intervention.
Quote Reply
Re: [HeavyBombers] Disallowed Markup In reply to
What you can do, is just use <span> for the [font] tag, and </span> for the [/font] tag. This basically does nothing....

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
With the advanced editor the tag button needs to be disabled.

It's not a problem for basic editor users unless they know of the tag, otherwise it doesn't show up on the markup page.

Last edited by:

HeavyBombers: May 3, 2002, 1:38 PM
Quote Reply
Has anyone figured out a solution to this problem? ie. removing specific buttons from the advanced editor -- more specifically the font face & color buttons?

Thanks,
mike