Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Deleting a Post

Quote Reply
Deleting a Post
How can I completely delete a post?

Unfortunately, I had my forum set to delete to blank so it says <post deleted> now. I changed the settings to allow me to delete the post and all the threads, but it seems to only work that way for future posts.

So, I'm left with this orphan post with apparently no way to get rid of it completely.

It seems like in the Admin area, I should be able to find a post and delete it once and for all but I can't seem to figure out how to do that.

Bryan
Quote Reply
Re: [BryanL] Deleting a Post In reply to
I tried a test post on mine, then logged into my database and deleted it in "gforum_post" but while it totaly deleted the post as it was the only one in the forum, the front page still says 1 post even though there are none there ....
so dont try that..
Ain't this fun...
Quote Reply
Re: [John R] Deleting a Post In reply to
OK, Here's what worked for me:

I went into Posts/Delete Old Posts. I then set the cut-off days to .5, and made sure to "Keep" the messages I wanted to keep even though they had no threads or responses within the last day.

This got rid of the offending post entirely. It was actually a post that said "test" and it was really bugging me that it was still there!

Bryan
Quote Reply
Re: [BryanL] Deleting a Post In reply to
You can also go to Tools / Posts (under Table Editor) the click the Post: "delete" link at the very bottom of the page ... you'll have to search for the post by it's post ID, but when you find it you can delete it altogether. However it will still be counted on the main page in the number of posts for the forum.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shannon Anderson
Babies Online.com
Quote Reply
Re: [BabiesOnline] Deleting a Post In reply to
You can also go modify your forum to do delete post completely, then delete the post, and then change it back.

We are working on an admin/moderator option to delete post completely when you click on Delete.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Deleting a Post In reply to
How about adding the ability to trim/delete old posts by Forum or Category instead of just globally?