Do you mean on the advanced editor?
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] Copy Shortcut ? In reply to
No. There

<==

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Copy Shortcut ? In reply to
It copies the link of that current post to the clipboard (in Windows).

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Copy Shortcut ? In reply to
Oh yeah!

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=185646

Cool. Not sure of the purpose, but cool :-)

Why don't you just make the post number a link instead of adding another line in there?

- wil
Quote Reply
I really think that this forum could do with one more option in your profile ...

' Basic ' and ' Advanced '. This could turn on/off all these funky features that novices might not use. Basicaly, it would be cool to make the forum very simple for new users, and then add in all the advanced stuff for power users.

I personally think this would be a great help.

- wil
Quote Reply
Quote:
Why don't you just make the post number a link instead of adding another line in there?

We looked at that, but then if you see the number linked it's really not obvious what it does. Right now, it's only semi-not obvious. =)

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Copy Shortcut ? In reply to
Yeah. Guess so. Did you pick up on my note ^ about different options available for novice users and advanced users.

That would be great. Because at the moment, I'm going through the templates stripping out stuff to make it easier for people who've never used web forums before - like the 'threaded buttons' and stuff. Maybe this could be a good idea?

- wil
Quote Reply
Yup, definately. You could do this with template sets you know. Have a simple template set, and an advanced template set. Strip out all the features you don't want in the simple one, and then users can go to their profile and switch to the advanced one if they want more features.

You can also use template inheritance so that you don't duplicate files (look at default_top template set - it only replaces a few files, the rest it inherits from default).

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Copy Shortcut ? In reply to
Yeah, that's exactly what I've been doing on my local copy here. Well, fiddling around with anyway.

I was just suggesting it as it would be cool if this became more of a 'core' feature. I think a lot of people would appreciate it.

Cheers

- wil