Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Colours
Any idea of presenting a feature where users can chose their colour shcems? The colours in use now is a bit too much for my eyes. Too mcuh blue, green and what-not. I much rather lighter colours if I'm going to read so much text.

Thanks

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: Colours In reply to
I really like the colors - don't think they are bright at all....in fact they are nice pale pastil colors (think that's how you spell pastil).

It isn't something that can be easily done at the moment by the look of things as all colors are set globally from the admin page. I expect Jason would have to do quite a bit of coding to get it to work using settings in your profile.

Thats not to say that he won't do it Smile

Last edited by:

PaulWilson: Sep 10, 2001, 9:59 AM
Quote Reply
Then let me say that I won't do it [puzzled].

I've thought about this issue before, and I have purposely not implemented it. When an admin puts in on their site, they should be able to choose the appearance of the site - including all colors. I have received requests to this effect.

That said, we may well offer at some point in the future an alternative template set with alternative colors (perhaps shades of gray). No promises, but we'll think about it.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
ahhh .... skins for the people who like skins. This idea also goes by the name of themes.

for php people this is the latest fad .... be allowed to choose between several templates for the forum / site.

I'm with jagerman that a site has a certain look. but then again the end user/customer also has their wishes too.

actually on a mac these colors are pretty nice and don't bother my eyes as much.

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [jagerman] Colours In reply to
Hi Jason

Fair point. I understand the need for Webmasters to have control over the appearence of their sites.

However, any chance of toning down the blue? Wink

Wil

- wil