Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Cluttered Colum?

Quote Reply
Cluttered Colum?
Hi

< = = =

Does anyone else think that the colum on the left hand side with your username, title etc. is a bit cluttered?

Would it be better, instead of atually saying "user:", "title:" etc. just print

Wiliam
Novice

Make the username a normal size font, and then the title smaller undernetath.

It just seems a little cluttered at the moment.

Ah welll :-\

Wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Cluttered Colum? In reply to
i don't want any column. i thin it looked better when the user/post info was above the post.

--Philip
Links 2.0 moderator
Quote Reply
I dont particually mind Smile I do agree it does look a bit cluttered, but I actually like it where it is.

Andy

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!

Last edited by:

AndyNewby: Sep 27, 2001, 8:57 AM
Quote Reply
I'm not sure what you mean by cluttered.

I see several empty lines....infact there are more empty than populated.
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] Cluttered Colum? In reply to
I think he was refering to there being too much info (at least thats how i read it) ;)

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
The "thread" index isn't quite as cluttered as the "topic" index is. You know the one that has date, subject, author, views, replies, etc. when you click on a particular sub-forum.

It seems the subject column and author column should be swapped around (the author column is actually larger than the subject column) and I always seem to click on the author instead of the subject by mistake.Crazy

-Mike.

P: Oh Brain - I know... while we're waiting, we can sing the "Gilligan's Island" theme song.
B: Please Pinky... besides, I've only seen one episode of that insipid show.
P: Oh, which one was it? I know them all.
B: It was the one where that innocuous dunderhead Gilligan ruined it for everyone.
P: Hmmm... don't think I've seen that one.
Quote Reply
Re: [Watts] Cluttered Colum? In reply to
nah not to cluttered ...

but the spacing is horrible now ... I keep clicking on the user name instead of the thread ... errr ... just posted this same message under jagerman's update thread ... sorry for the repeat.

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Please see attachment to see what I mean. Ah well, attachment error:

Your attachment did not upload: A system error occured while attempting to save your attachment: Temp attachment directory is not writeable

I'll upload to my server then. Please take a look at:

http://cgi.fbagroup.co.uk/gt/msg.html

Thanks!
Quote Reply
I wonder if Jason is just adding all kinds of options that can be moved/changed - turned on/off later.

I see post # x of y has crepted in to the left column area.

Wil,
Where did you put the reply button ?? Crazy
I like where the post # is located though.

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Cluttered Colum? In reply to
I would prefer having the side menu information posted above each thread like it used to be.

It would provide more of a viewing area for the thread contents and perhaps make it easier to copy the posts when needed.

Unoffical DBMan FAQ

http://creativecomputingweb.com/dbman/index.shtml/
Quote Reply
Re: [LoisC] Cluttered Colum? In reply to
Well, all these are template options, so you can pretty much make it look however you want. That's the beauty with templates. Don't like the # of posts being shown on the side? Take it out. Want some extra info? Write a global variable code ref, or if it's available, just add it in the templates...

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Cluttered Colum? In reply to
Yep. Thought as much. I was just commenting on the template used for this forum ;-)

Cheers