Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Can somebody help a real Noob (UBB to Gforum)

Quote Reply
Can somebody help a real Noob (UBB to Gforum)
Hi,

My old situation:

A win2k server with UBB 6.04b.

My new situation (win2k crashed)

Linux with gforum.

I tried importing ubb to gforum. But it failed giving the following error:

Quote:
Importing Category table data... Imported Category data:$VAR = { 'cat_description' => '', 'cat_name' => 'DPC I\'R Cow', 'cat_sort_rank' => '1'};Imported Category data:$VAR = { 'cat_description' => '', 'cat_name' => '112 Omega Muuuh', 'cat_sort_rank' => '2'};Imported Category data:$VAR = { 'cat_description' => '', 'cat_name' => 'I\'R Cow Members', 'cat_sort_rank' => '3'};UBB Cat ID => GForum cat_id:$VAR = {' => '2', '0' => '1',' => '3',' => '4'};done!Importing Forum table data... Imported Forum data:$VAR = { 'forum_style' => '3', 'forum_allow_guest_attachments' => '0', 'cat_id_fk' => undef, 'forum_desc' => 'Iedereen is hier welkom !! Onderwerpen hoeven NIETalleen maar over het RC5, OGR of Gammaflux te gaan !', 'forum_allow_attachments' => '0', 'forum_name' => 'Algemeen', 'forum_edit_timeout' => '0', 'forum_allow_user_edit' => '1', 'forum_last' => '1015688372', 'forum_sort_rank' => '1'};error!Fatal Error: (ILLEGALVAL) Category can not contain the value '[undefined]'Import unsuccessful.
I'm missing the 'cat_id_fk'. Can somebody give me a tip?? How to use my old UBB files
Quote Reply
Re: [s3n] Can somebody help a real Noob (UBB to Gforum) In reply to
Fixed.

I've editted mu vars_forums.cgi from UBB manual
Quote Reply
Re: [s3n] Can somebody help a real Noob (UBB to Gforum) In reply to
I have the same problem, how did you solve it? UBB 5

'cat_id_fk' => undef,

Thanks in advance. - Scott
Quote Reply
Re: [OnlineMlm] Can somebody help a real Noob (UBB to Gforum) In reply to
Actually, it was a bug in the UBB5 import. They used a different delimiter for the categories.file in UBB5. I've attached the some update Import modules that you can put in admin/GForum/Import (replace the old ones).

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Can somebody help a real Noob (UBB to Gforum) In reply to
Wink Thank you!!!! That really saved me. I was able to get everything in. I had to do it several times before all forums would complete, but it did work. Wow... that was neat..

THanks again!!
Quote Reply
Quote:
I had to do it several times before all forums would complete, but it did work.
Was there a particular reason you had to run it several times?

Adrian
Quote Reply
The reason is that quite a few forums had 0 posts after the import. It never really did complete. Each time I ran it again I got more forums to fill. I'm guessing something timed out. I ran a total of 5 times. The last time is the only time I got the totals at the end of the script. All other runs it would say 25% .............. then nothing.

In Reply To:
Quote:
I had to do it several times before all forums would complete, but it did work.
Was there a particular reason you had to run it several times?
Quote Reply
Your server might have been killing it before it could finish. A lot of shared servers have restrictions on how long a process can run for, or how much CPU time it can use. Did you use the --append-data option? Or did you just run the whole import again every time? Glad you got it all up and running Smile

Adrian
Quote Reply
That must be it. I used the use the --append-data option. Also.. I just found out I'm out of space in the database and have inserted more than my allotted portion. Pirate I'm waiting for them to decide how I can get more space. In the meantime no one can log into the forums because it can't insert into the Session table. Mad

In Reply To:
Your server might have been killing it before it could finish. A lot of shared servers have restrictions on how long a process can run for, or how much CPU time it can use. Did you use the --append-data option? Or did you just run the whole import again every time? Glad you got it all up and running Smile