Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Can't Delete User

Quote Reply
Can't Delete User
I think this has come up before and seems to have cropped up again. I just upgraded to 1.1.4. I had one of those hahaha virus messages get through to one of my forums that is posted to through mailarc. I went to Admin -> Users -> List All and tried to delete that user. It returns a search results page (not sure why it doesn't just "delete" when you hit "delete"), then hit the delete button and got back "0 record(s) were deleted".

I also tried doing a specific find for the user and deleting (instead of List All) and still didn't work.

Any ideas?
Michael Coyne
seaturtle.org
Quote Reply
Re: [mcoyne] Can't Delete User In reply to
Hi,

The record comes up on the screen when you click delete to confirm the deletion. However, in order to confirm it, you need to click the checkbox to the left of the user information, then click the Delete button at the bottom.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Can't Delete User In reply to
Ah thanks. You might want to consider adding some instructions to the delete page. The user records are so long that if you just scroll straight to the bottom of the window to get to the delete button (like I didBlush), you never see the checkbox. You would think I would be able to figure that out, I used dbman for many moons long ago, but that aspect of the system has never seemed very intuitive me.

thanks,
Michael Coyne
seaturtle.org
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Can't Delete User In reply to
I'll admit the first few times I tried it, I was thinking "what the hell?". The user record is so long, that the check box along the vertical and placed in the middle was a bit hidden.
Quote Reply
Re: [ArmyAirForces] Can't Delete User In reply to
Ahh ... checking the check box is non-obvious. I was trying to delete a forum and didn't notice the checkbox. I now know what to do thanks to this post.