Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Calendar feature vb 3.0 alpha 1

Quote Reply
Calendar feature vb 3.0 alpha 1
vBulletin 3.0 Alpha 1 has what looks like a really useful calendar feature. Maybe something for Gossamer to look at incorporating.
Quote Reply
Re: [ArmyAirForces] Calendar feature vb 3.0 alpha 1 In reply to
I cannot tell you how cool it would be to have an interactive calendar for forum users.

This is a REAL WINNER IDEA!!!!!Cool
Quote Reply
Re: [Teambldr] Calendar feature vb 3.0 alpha 1 In reply to
I have talked about this in previous threads myself...
Quote Reply
Don't you have diaries, personal organizers and palm pcs on the other side of the pond?
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Calendar feature vb 3.0 alpha 1 In reply to
We do, but they're full of snarky comments about folks on the other side Tongue

A calendar on a forum is a shared community item - useful to many as opposed to one individual. But you know that already.
Quote Reply
Hint: CPAN -> Calendar::Simple.

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Calendar feature vb 3.0 alpha 1 In reply to
What does that mean in plain English?
Quote Reply
Re: [nt6] Calendar feature vb 3.0 alpha 1 In reply to
It means go to cpan.org and type in Calendar::Simple .......of course thats if you want to write your own Wink
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Calendar feature vb 3.0 alpha 1 In reply to
I appreciate the hint but it's useless to me. Not everyone who posts here is a programmer. A better Gossamer product = happier customers. A calendar might be one such happy addition.

Gossamer at some point will release the next generation of their product. Either it will continue to excel or it won't.

Like many others I am continuously looking for a better product (whatever it is). It's easier to maintain continuity if the same vendor is the producer of the next generation of that product.

Sometimes the product grows away from you, or you grow away from the product. It's a vicious and expensive cycle.