Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

CSS template

Quote Reply
CSS template
Has anybody tried to make CSS template for GForum?

Just wanted to know how hard is it.

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Re: [deadroot] CSS template In reply to
We're currently working on Gossamer Forum 2.0, which will get the luna template that we've used for Gossamer Links and Gossamer Mail. With the new luna template set, it will make design changes easier than the current template set that's included with GForum.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] CSS template In reply to
And when you expect to release GForum 2.0?
Something like week or two? Month or two?

Just want to know is it better to try change design by myself or to wait for new version.

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Re: [deadroot] CSS template In reply to
It's hard to say because we just started development on it, but it will probably a couple of months, not weeks.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] CSS template In reply to
Okay, I really don't mean to be rude because I've used Gossamer Forums for many years and it's only out of a desire for an upgrade that I post this...

But I have PMs in my inbox here from literally years ago that say you are "months away" from 2.0 and already working on it. Did you just throw that work away and start fresh or what's the deal? If you're not ever going to update it just say so so we can move on.

Realiiity.com Forums
Quote Reply
Re: [ellipsiiis] CSS template In reply to
To clear up the confusion, Adrian's reply should have been that we've resumed development of version 2 and are fully focussed on it. Our focus over the last while has been on the development of version 3s of Gossamer Links and Gossamer Mail, now the current development priority is updating GForum (v2) with various new features and the updated look to go along with the new designs of Gossamer Links and Gossamer Mail. Much of the work that has gone into GLinks and GMail - such as the basic CSS layout, the Gossamer Update system, new installer, much-improved advanced editor from GMail 3, new inline spellcheck system, and various other improvements from GLinks and GMail have been developed in such a way as to be easily transferable to GForum.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] CSS template In reply to
Hello Jason,
will the new Gforum support right out of the box SSI and/or XML calls to include in a static page various info like for example 'last 5 posts', etc.?
Also what about RSS feeds (a feature that I would like to see in Glinks too)?
I hope the new Gforum will catch up with what competition has to offer (PhPBB, Vbullettin, etc.)... Wink
Max
The one with Mac OS X Server 10.4 :)

Last edited by:

maxpico: Mar 7, 2006, 2:15 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] CSS template In reply to
I'd like to see some AJAX magic too! Cool
Max
The one with Mac OS X Server 10.4 :)