Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

CGI-Resources??

Quote Reply
CGI-Resources??
Maybe I'm being nosey but I was wondering why Gossamer Forum hasn't been put up on www.cgi-resources.com yet. All of the other D/Boards are there and If it hadn't been for a link on there re: Dbman 1-2 years ago I would have never known about GT at all.....
Quote Reply
Re: [David_D] CGI-Resources?? In reply to
CGI-Resources used to be one of the first places I went for to find CGI/Perl scripts. However, not is is basically crap! They rebuild their database about once a week (automatically), and if they feel like it occassionaly they decide to add a few links. Although Links 2/SQl was designed around this script, I feel that is is far more superiour to CGi-resources script now. Your best bet is to use HotScripts.com to find stuff. I'd be surprised if GT havn't submitted G-Forum at CGI-Resources, but I wouldn't expect it to appear for at least 5 months Tongue

I have 12 Perl scripts. All of which I have submitted there ages and ages ago. Only 4 of them are listed! They just really seem to have lost the plot as to what the site is mean to be about. Half of thier links are dead to!

Just my opinion..Gt would be able to tell you if they have submitted there or not Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [David_D] CGI-Resources?? In reply to
cgi.resources.com is now defunct, as far as I know. The original author, Matt Wright headed off to College two years back and left the cgi-resources to an automated process, and left his worldwidemart.com/scripts archive too. These were once the flagship of free cgi resources but have now been replaced by far superior projects. There's actually a project on scoureforge to replace cgi-resources - try a search there instead.

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] CGI-Resources?? In reply to
Fair enough.....I knew I was being nosey !!! Crazy