Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Bug with moved posts ?

Quote Reply
Bug with moved posts ?
Hi,

The post "Moved: Gossamer Forum 1.1.7" by Jagerman in "Development, Plugins and Globals" forum was still showed as new (not read) in category_list.html even if I went many times to this post throw the "Jump to last post" arrow. The post appeared as read only when I went to it by clicking on the forum link ("Development, Plugins and Globals") and after on the post link.

I log out this afternoon, and log in tonight, and all the thread "Moved: Gossamer Forum 1.1.7" (not only the last post) reappeared as new (not read). Crazy

François

Sorry for my english.

Last edited by:

Franco: Jul 2, 2002, 8:53 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Franco] Bug with moved posts ? In reply to
I moved it around a couple times, which probably threw the new handling off - it was new for one forum, but not the other, then when I moved it back, it was new again in the original forum. New handling is per forum, so moving things around will result in "read" posts showing up new again.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Bug with moved posts ? In reply to
Hum, like I said in the first part of my post, I clicked many times on the "Jump to last post" arrow and, each time I came back directly to category_list.html throw the Main Index link, the last post in this same forum was still showed as new (the date post didn't change and I even clicked on the "refresh" button in my browser to see if it was not a cache problem).

Will see if others users will encounter this problem. Maybe I'm just not lucky! Laugh

François
Quote Reply
No doubt now, it's a real bug: I saw the problem with my last post (up here).

Here what I did:

Posted the reply, clicked on "Click here to view your post", read my own post, clicked on "Gossamer Forum" in the path forum at the top of the page, saw that my post still new (!?) on the Main Index (last post in the forum), clicked on "Jump to last post", saw my post and it was not indicated that it was a new post (no "new" in red), clicked again on "Gossamer Forum" link in the path forum, and saw in the Main Index that my post (the last post of the forum) still showed as new again!

François
Quote Reply
I noticed that in the Main Index it was not only my reply which still showed as new, but all the thread: 1 new thread, and 1 new post. Even if only my reply was posted in the forum. So the problem doesn't seem to be related only to moved posts.

François

Last edited by:

Franco: Jul 3, 2002, 9:06 AM
Quote Reply
This has been happening on my 1.1.6 forum too, btw. Posts seem to only be marked read if you go through the forum.

Realiiity.com Forums