Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Bug with "Moderators of any Forum" group

Quote Reply
Bug with "Moderators of any Forum" group
Hi,

In french version 1.1.7 -> Utilisateurs (users) -> Groupes (Groups) -> Modifier (Modify): it's hard to find a group to modify since we have to select "Match any" to get any result.

Also, no username can be added in the "Moderators of any Forum" group. Gforum tells that the changes was successful saved, but in fact no username was saved in the group.

Thank you.

François
Quote Reply
Re: [Franco] Bug with "Moderators of any Forum" group In reply to
Hello franco

Moderators of any forum is the id 4

klick on modify an put 3 in the field ID

and choose in the field on the right Site less than

Now you will seen all Groups unless Group 3

choose the Moderators of any forum Group

I hope i can help you

greetings hoefti
linktobuy Web Directory
Ratgeber Recht
Quote Reply
Re: [hoefti] Bug with "Moderators of any Forum" group In reply to
Thank you, but there is a real bug there in french version. If I don't select "Match any", I will not get any result. And also, like I said, the save function doesn't work. (French version 1.1.7)

François
Quote Reply
Hi Franco,

You may be confusing the purpose of the Moderators group. The four main system groups, Guest, Not Validated, Registered, and Moderators of any forum are handled automatically, and generally shouldn't be changed. The Moderators group does not contain people who get moderator privileges in all forums; the users in it are users who are listed as the moderator of individual forums. The main purpose of the group is so that you can set up a moderators-only forum by only assigning access permission to the Moderators group.

So, in general, you should only add groups via the "Add Users" and "Remove Users" links, not through modifying the groups. The first four groups are intended to be completely automatically handled by Gossamer Forum, and should not be adjusted.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Bug with "Moderators of any Forum" group In reply to
Thank you, Jason. I understand now. Sorry for the time.

There is 40 forums on my site. So it's very long to setup just one moderator for all the forums... Maybe there should be another way to setup moderators. If we could select forums (like we do in user_profile_email.html for email subscriptions) for individual user, it will be really great. A simple URL (visible only to administrators) in user_view.html linked to another page where administrators can select the forums in which the specific user will have moderator permissions will be, I think, a good solution.

Thank you again!

François

Sorry for my english...
Quote Reply
I'd like to have the moderator list on the category creation/modification page to be able to assign moderators to all forums in a category too.

Last edited by:

Paul: Aug 14, 2002, 12:59 PM
Quote Reply
Hi François,

What you can do is set a user as an Administrator in the admin. Administrators get immediate moderator access to all forums, but don't get access to the admin panel since that is controlled by a completely different password system.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Yes, that's true. But in my case, there is two forums on 40 that I want to keep private from moderators (administrators in this case)... Crazy

François

Last edited by:

Franco: Aug 14, 2002, 7:39 PM