Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

BIG problem please help!

Quote Reply
BIG problem please help!
I have Discus 3.10.4 running and I've installed Gforum on another server because I'm doing a big redesign.
Now the big problem is that I can't figure out how to import the messages from discus in Gforum since discus can export in strange formats. It can export in tab delimited text file and "off line viewing" html. In the first format as I can see you can't know the date of the posting and in either two formats the message is identified by the username and not the ID like in Gforum.
The messages are about 150 so I can also make an effort to import them manually but how? I want to maintain for each message the author and the posting date...
PLEASE HELP!
Max
The one with Mac OS X Server 10.4 :)

Last edited by:

maxpico: Aug 27, 2002, 11:42 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [maxpico] BIG problem please help! In reply to
I'd take a look at the existing Gossamer Forum import scripts (admin/GForum/Import/*.pm). Depending on your level of experience with Perl, the easiest might be to try to adjust one of these to work. Alternatively, if one of the supported forum scripts has the ability to import from Discus, you could do a double-import through that other forum.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] BIG problem please help! In reply to
No unfortunately I can't do this works as my perl experience is limited to installations and translations :)

Can Gossamer Threads staff (probably you) make this import script for me?
Max
Quote Reply
Re: [maxpico] BIG problem please help! In reply to
Hi Max,

We're starting work on a Discus import script this week to include with Gossamer Forum. Keep your eyes peeled - we'll make an announce when it's ready to go.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] BIG problem please help! In reply to
WOWOW that's a great announcement!!
Thank you!!
Max