Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Attachment Too Large - Error Reporting Bug

Quote Reply
Attachment Too Large - Error Reporting Bug
Error reporting when you try to upload an attachment to a post and a PM seems to be inconsistent and in the case of PMs wrong. I have a limit of 60 KB on any attachments.

When I try to upload an attachment of 86 KB to a post I see:

Quote:
Your attachment did not upload: The attachment exceeds the maximum attachment size (60.0 KB)

This is true. Note how the error message reports the max size allowed, not the size of the attachment you tried to upload.

When I try to attach the same image to a PM I get:

Quote:
Your attachment was not uploaded successfully: The attachment exceeds the maximum attachment size (0.86 KB)

This is inconsistent as it actually attempts to report the size of the attached file (not the limit as above) and is wrong as well.... 0.86 KB should be 86.0 KB. Misplaced decimal.

I run GForum 1.2.2. has this been fixed somwhere that I missed it in an upgrade?

Safe swoops
Sangiro
Quote Reply
Re: [sangiro] Attachment Too Large - Error Reporting Bug In reply to
Check the message_attachments_max_size setting in the Setup -> Attachments menu. It puts a limit on the total size of all private message attachments, combined. There is a post_attachments_max_size setting on the same page that does the same for posts.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Attachment Too Large - Error Reporting Bug In reply to
Jason,

I understand and have set both those settings.... All I'm saying is that the error reporting when you try to upload something that breaks those limits seem to be inconsistent and broken. The functionality works fine, the error messages has issues.

Safe swoops
Sangiro