Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Any upgrade issues?

Quote Reply
Any upgrade issues?
Hello all,

We are about ready to upgrade from the GF v.1.1.1 demo by purchasing the most recent GF version. Is there anything we should be aware of prior to upgrading? By the way, our time has expired on the demo and we've done some heavy template and globals customizations.

Thanks,

Nadine
Quote Reply
Re: [Westiegirl] Any upgrade issues? In reply to
Hi,

1.1.1 is the most recent released version. 1.1.2 which we are using on the forum is due out middle of next week. We ran into a few bugs that have been quite a pain to track down. When you purchase a license it will simply activate the admin, no changes are neccessary.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Any upgrade issues? In reply to
Thanks Alex.

I suppose it would be best for us to put a hold on purchasing for a few days until the next version is released since we need to pay for each upgrade, yes?

If we wait to purchase until the next version is released - will there be a problem upgrading due to customizations in global and template files we've made?

Thanks again.

Nadine
Quote Reply
Re: [Westiegirl] Any upgrade issues? In reply to
Hi,

No, shouldn't be a problem. Make sure that you saved your changed templates in admin/templates/default/local though. If you used the built in template editor, it would have done this for you automatically.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Any upgrade issues? In reply to
Quote:
I suppose it would be best for us to put a hold on purchasing for a few days until the next version is released since we need to pay for each upgrade, yes?

I thought GT's upgrade policy applied to version changes, like going from 1.1.1 to version 2.0.1

Incremental releases did not have an upgrade fee, going from 1.1.0 to 1.1.1 to 1.1.2

Westiegirl's quote is either a change in GT policy or a mis-understanding of the existing policy?

If it is a mis-understanding, it will delay users from purchasing GT Forum. Usually, businesses try to speed inflows (revenues) and slow outflows (expenses).
--
Rob

SW Montana's Online Community
Modular Model Railroading
Quote Reply
Re: [vanderen] Any upgrade issues? In reply to
Rob,

You are correct - I misunderstood. I remembered a thread about upgrade fees but forgot the details. Sorry about that. Here's the thread.

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/perl/gforum/gforum.cgi?post=171891

In Reply To:
I thought GT's upgrade policy applied to version changes, like going from 1.1.1 to version 2.0.1

Incremental releases did not have an upgrade fee, going from 1.1.0 to 1.1.1 to 1.1.2

Westiegirl's quote is either a change in GT policy or a mis-understanding of the existing policy?

Last edited by:

Westiegirl: Mar 11, 2002, 9:08 AM