Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Any Chance of a introductory special?

Quote Reply
Any Chance of a introductory special?
Due to the current state of WWWThreads and Infopop, I bet Gossamer Forum could pick up a large % of there users with a special conversion price. I know I would consider it.

Dale
Quote Reply
Re: [Dale] Any Chance of a introductory special? In reply to
Why should they get a discount just because they happen to have used wwwthreads?

If that was the case then surely GT would have to give discounts for everyone who decided to switch from other forum scripts.....

Last edited by:

RedRum: Oct 20, 2001, 4:58 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] Any Chance of a introductory special? In reply to
No I don't think they would have to do it for everyone but there is a significant customer base with WWWThreads and it is obvious Alex modeled these forums very consistently with WWWThreads and it is all a timing issue. Many customers are unhappy with InfoPop and Alex could corral a good deal of them probably with a transition special.

I am a PHP fan and will probably stick to a hacked version but I think many others would switch.
Quote Reply
Re: [Dilbert] Any Chance of a introductory special? In reply to
Shocked jumped ship on phpBB2 -- got tired of waiting and I'm more inclined towards GT personally.

Ummm ... the price structure seems good enough ... errrr register/logoware for non-commercial and $200 for commercial use ... I can't see what's really wrong with that?

I agree with Paul, that if you give a discount then you would/should give a discount to all folks using any type of GT like script, also, hmmm .... sounds like a BBS war could also occur.

Actually, I think even with out the special warfare price that UBB??Threads users will convert eventually to either a free php solution or go to either VBulletin (although I've heard they don't rank much better on customer relations than UBB??Threads) or GT.

me too, in a sense a php fan ...

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Any Chance of a introductory special? In reply to
I don't think the price is unreasonable at all, I was just thinking from a marketshare perspective a lot of WWWThreads people are upset and would probably jump to thisSmile

I have not purchased vBulletin but have heard many good things about their service from their community forums. My visitors have just always wanted threaded so that is why I went to WWWthreads instead of the pure linear format.
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] Any Chance of a introductory special? In reply to
You are right, that just because I purchased WWWThreads does not justify a special for me. The point I was making is, many users of WWWThreads are running a personal site and pay for it out of pocket (just like you). And as one other post suggest it is about timeing. If an introductory offer for transition was offered I know I would consider switching. However I can not afford to pay full retail again.

Dale
Quote Reply
At various times and on various GT forums, people have asked about package discounts. The normal response has been to contat Alex by private message.

The GT newsletter hinted at a couple of new products and that GT is working on a community plugin.

If a person is interested in changing over to the GT product line, it might be worth sending Alex a private message and asking about pricing on a package.

GT scripts are generally purchased, but it is also easy to forget how much your time can cost messing with "free" scripts.

Anyhow, it wouldn't be surprising to see a special "package" discount in the future from GT.
--
Rob

SW Montana's Online Community
Modular Model Railroading
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] Any Chance of a introductory special? In reply to
If the price is actually register and logoware, then I would love to switch. Heck, I am already using Links and DBman under that agreement. My site is a personal information site. However I thought the price was $200.00 flat.

Last edited by:

Dale: Oct 20, 2001, 2:25 PM
Quote Reply
Well, I just read the announcement post by Alex. It is a free product for noncommercial sites as long as the links are kept in tact. I guess I will be switching to Gossamer Threads bulletin board as soon as it gets out of beta.

Thanks,
Dale