Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

An easier way to deal with color changes

Quote Reply
An easier way to deal with color changes
Is there an easier way to deal with color changes? Currently, one has to either go with the default color names and change what color they produce, or create a new color name and then edit every place in all of the templates that uses that color name. Needless to say, this is a bit cumbersome.

If a global color page could be created (similar to the Global Variables page) where all instances of a color name could be changed all at once, or create standardized names for different parts of the display (default_background, subject_bar, etc.) so all of them could be changed at once, it would be great. [:-)]
Quote Reply
Re: [anapot] An easier way to deal with color changes In reply to
Has this ever been sorted yet? I need to change the colors to red'ish from green. Is there any template way to do this yet?
Quote Reply
Re: [catlovette] An easier way to deal with color changes In reply to
I agree that it would be nice to have a template way to change these, or go with my idea of a Global Colors page which allowed easy changing of all the various color variables. As it is, changing the colors is a huge job, what with having to hunt down all the instances of a particular variable, or just having to remember that your "medium_gren" variable is actually a blue color now. That is hardly intuitive.Crazy
Quote Reply
Re: [anapot] An easier way to deal with color changes In reply to
Does anyone have a copy of there global file or whatever it is with colors changed to redish? Could help a little bit.