Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Advanced editor Link bug

Quote Reply
Advanced editor Link bug
Found a possible bug, using IE 6 and advanced editor. I had posted a URL without making it an active link. Decided to edit the post and make it active. When I went to make "Make Changes" the link pop-up box kept re-appearing. I couldn't do anything else but cancel it.

http://www.heavybombers.com

I can't consistently replicate the behavior though.

Last edited by:

heavybombers: Jan 1, 2002, 10:46 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [heavybombers] Advanced editor Link bug In reply to
I believe this bug can be replicated if you will modify a section of a post with the advanced editor and then leave that section highlighted with your cursor.

Attempt to post the update or a reply at that point and the advanced editor feature that you applied will pop up again....at least it is for me.
Quote Reply
Re: [heavybombers] Advanced editor Link bug In reply to
We've seen that before. Unfortunately, there is very little we can do about it as the DHTML editing control (which Microsoft provides for exactly the purpose we are using here) is causing the problem.

I spent several hours yesterday coming up with a lightweight replacement for the editor, however it cannot be done in such a way as to make it compatible with any browser before IE6, so we have set that aside for the moment. Perhaps in 6 months time, once IE6 is more widely used, we will revisit the issue.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com