Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Advanced Editor Buttons don't work in IE8, Forum ver. 1.2.0

Quote Reply
Advanced Editor Buttons don't work in IE8, Forum ver. 1.2.0
We're finding that people with IE8 can't use any of the buttons in the advanced editor. The smileys outside the editor work, but none of the buttons like bold, italics, or link work. They're there, and they act like you're clicking on them, but nothing happens. IE says there's a javascript error, but doesn't offer any useful info about it. This is in forum version 1.2.0. It works fine in IE7.

Is this a known problem? Do we need to upgrade to 1.2.4? If so, is it possible to just upgrade the editor? These installations predate me, and I know they've been modified quite a bit in other areas. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: [abaugher] Advanced Editor Buttons don't work in IE8, Forum ver. 1.2.0 In reply to
Sorry about the late reply. No, I haven't had any reports of this issue, but there have been similar issues. Unfortunately, I'm in the middle of a project right now, but once that's done, I'll try allocate some time to looking into these issues.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Advanced Editor Buttons don't work in IE8, Forum ver. 1.2.0 In reply to
I have the same issue in IE8 and Firefox 3.5.6 These are popular browsers. I can't believe we are alone in this issue. I also cannot login to my admin and the spellcheck feature doesn't work (clicking on the misspelled word - nothing happens) in Firefox but can in IE8. Is there an upgrade to a new version from 1.2.0?
Quote Reply
Re: [weddingqueen] Advanced Editor Buttons don't work in IE8, Forum ver. 1.2.0 In reply to
Hmm, seems like GT has to focus on the release of gforum 2.0.
I think it does not make sense to repair these issues...

Matthias
gpaed.de
Quote Reply
Re: [Matthias70] Advanced Editor Buttons don't work in IE8, Forum ver. 1.2.0 In reply to
I hope they hurry up or I'm going to have to ditch Gforum. About half my users are on ie8 now and I'm getting complaints trickling in.