Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Adding Moderators

Quote Reply
Adding Moderators
Create a forum! Add a user - me, under Moderator put my user name and it does not appear in the moderators box next to the forum.

Last edited by:

Ian Conza: Oct 12, 2001, 4:04 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Ian Conza] Adding Moderators In reply to
Did you give "yourself" administrator priviledges?

also did you make a spelling mistake -- not sure here yet since I haven't played with the forum on my dev box that much.

I wonder , since I created my user first -- checked privileges -- made a category -- made a forum and add my user by hand ...

hmmm ... can't think of anything else off hand right now...

good luck

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [Ian Conza] Adding Moderators In reply to
Hi,

Most likely it's because you are an Administrator. They are not considered moderators and so do not show up in the list.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Adding Moderators In reply to
Thanks Alex - is that not a bit strange - an Administrator should should be able to be shown in the list.

Cool
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Adding Moderators In reply to
Here's a suggestion and a bug:

Administrators should have full modetor + privileges... I am the Administrator of my board so I should be able to delete posts, edit them, etc.

Here's the bug:

When trying to add a moderator to any of my forums I get this error:

GT::SQL::Table (8996): Failed to prepare query: 'SELECT COUNT(*) FROM gforum_ForumModerator WHERE user_id_fk = '3' AND forum_id = '5' ' Reason: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid column name 'forum_id'. (SQL-S0022) [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Statement(s) could not be prepared. (SQL-37000)(DBD: st_prepare/SQLPrepare err=-1) at <full directory path>/admin/GT/SQL/Base.pm line 173. GT::SQL::Table (8996): The column 'group_id_fk,user_id_fk' must be unique, and already has an entry '4,3'. at <full directory path>/admin/GForum/Table/Forum.pm line 268. GT::SQL::Table (8996): Failed to execute query: 'INSERT INTO gforum_ForumModerator (user_id_fk,forum_id_fk) VALUES ('3','5')' Reason: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'mod_time', table '******.******.gforum_ForumModerator'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. (SQL-23000) [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]The statement has been terminated. (SQL-01000)(DBD: st_execute/SQLExecute err=-1) at <full directory path>/admin/GForum/Table/Forum.pm line 271.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shannon Anderson
Babies Online.com

Last edited by:

BabiesOnline: Oct 14, 2001, 5:18 PM