Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

A fatal error...

Quote Reply
A fatal error...
I was attempting to run my forum and this error was generated. Any ideas as to what causes this? The admin portion of the forum seems to work just fine.

Thank you,

John

A fatal error has occurred:
Can't call method "fetchall_hashref" on an undefined value at GForum::Forum::tpl_list line 540.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.
Quote Reply
Re: [jbzipperian] A fatal error... In reply to
A little more information...

This error occurs in the admin application as well. Any option that interacts with the database (I think), such as, Users - List All will cause this error.

I am running the forum on my desktop using Windows XP, IIS, MySQL version 4.0.13 and ActiveState's version of Perl (version 5.8.0.806). I hope this additional information will be helpful.

Thank you,

John
Quote Reply
OK. The problem was with the version of MySQL. I went ahead and installed an earlier version of MySQL and everything seems to be working just fine.

John
Quote Reply
GForum should run with MySQL 4 without any problem - can you turn on debugging, and see what the $GT::SQL::error is set to?

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] A fatal error... In reply to
Hi Jason,

Thank you for your response. The information you have requested is below.

John

A fatal error has occurred:
Can't call method "quote" on an undefined value at C:/gforum/admin/GT/SQL/Driver.pm line 241.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.Stack Trace======================================GForum (2140): GT::SQL::Driver::quote called at C:/gforum/admin/GT/SQL/Condition.pm line 237 with arguments (GT::SQL::Driver).GForum (2140): GT::SQL::Condition::quote called at C:/gforum/admin/GT/SQL/Condition.pm line 166 with no arguments.GForum (2140): GT::SQL::Condition::sql called at C:/gforum/admin/GT/SQL/Condition.pm line 169 with arguments (GT::SQL::Condition=HASH(0x19b96ac)).GForum (2140): GT::SQL::Condition::sql called at C:/gforum/admin/GT/SQL/Table.pm line 643 with arguments (GT::SQL::Condition=HASH(0x19bb5a8)).GForum (2140): GT::SQL::Table::delete called at C:/gforum/admin/GForum.pm line 547 with arguments (GT::SQL::Table=HASH(0x18d0f50), GT::SQL::Condition=HASH(0x19b96ac)).GForum (2140): GForum::_plg_authenticate called at C:/gforum/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 108 with no arguments.GForum (2140): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at C:/gforum/admin/GForum.pm line 486 with arguments (GT::Plugins, C:/gforum/admin/Plugins/GForum, authenticate, CODE(0x17994b8)).GForum (2140): GForum::authenticate called at C:\gforum\gforum.cgi line 53 with no arguments.GForum (2140): main::main called at C:/gforum/admin/GT/Plugins.pm line 108 with no arguments.GForum (2140): GT::Plugins::dispatch called at C:\gforum\gforum.cgi line 22 with arguments (GT::Plugins, C:/gforum/admin/Plugins/GForum, main, CODE(0x1868080)).System Information======================================Perl Version: v5.8.0Gossamer Forum Version: 1.1.8GForum.pm version: 1.118GT::SQL Version: 1.099GT::Template Version: 2.084DBI.pm Version: 1.37@INC = C:/gforum/admin C:/Perl/lib C:/Perl/site/lib .GT::SQL::error = Could not connect to database. Reason: Access denied for user: 'admin@127.0.0.1' (Using password: YES)ENVIRONMENT======================================ALLUSERSPROFILE => C:\Documents and Settings\All UsersCOMMONPROGRAMFILES => C:\Program Files\Common FilesCOMPUTERNAME => 1195E0088090642COMSPEC => C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exeCONTENT_LENGTH => 0GATEWAY_INTERFACE => CGI/1.1GT_TMPDIR => C:/gforum/admin/tmpHTTPS => offHTTP_ACCEPT => image/gif, image/x-xbitmap, image/jpeg, image/pjpeg, application/vnd.ms-excel, application/vnd.ms-powerpoint, application/msword, */*HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING => gzip, deflateHTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE => en-usHTTP_CONNECTION => Keep-AliveHTTP_HOST => localhostHTTP_USER_AGENT => Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1)INSTANCE_ID => 1LOCAL_ADDR => 127.0.0.1NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS => 1OS => Windows_NTPATH => C:\Perl\bin\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WbemPATHEXT => .COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSHPATH_INFO => /gforum/gforum.cgiPATH_TRANSLATED => C:\gforum\gforum.cgiPROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE => x86PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER => x86 Family 15 Model 1 Stepping 2, GenuineIntelPROCESSOR_LEVEL => 15PROCESSOR_REVISION => 0102PROGRAMFILES => C:\Program FilesREMOTE_ADDR => 127.0.0.1REMOTE_HOST => 127.0.0.1REQUEST_METHOD => GETSCRIPT_NAME => /gforum/gforum.cgiSERVER_NAME => localhostSERVER_PORT => 80SERVER_PORT_SECURE => 0SERVER_PROTOCOL => HTTP/1.1SERVER_SOFTWARE => Microsoft-IIS/5.1SYSTEMDRIVE => C:SYSTEMROOT => C:\WINDOWSTEMP => C:\WINDOWS\TEMPTMP => C:\WINDOWS\TEMPUSERPROFILE => C:\Documents and Settings\LocalServiceWINDIR => C:\WINDOWS
Quote Reply
Check your login detals.

Quote:
GT::SQL::error = Could not connect to database. Reason: Access denied for user: 'admin@127.0.0.1' (Using password: YES)