Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
1 NEW
This morning I was cruising the forum and I'd read all posts except for in the DBMAN forum. I went into the Links2 Customization forum and looked around then went back to the main page and saw 1 NEW next to Links SQL Discussion....I was still the last poster. Anyway I went into the forum and sure enough there were no new posts. I went back to the main page again and then I see 1 NEW next to Comments & Suggestions and again, I was the last poster and there were no new posts.
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] 1 NEW In reply to
Something is definitely wrong....all posts are coming back as new even after Ive read them all.
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] 1 NEW In reply to
I've been having the opposite problem. I go into a category, and although there are no new posts reported on the category page, there are several there!

Dunno what is going on there! Could be im just going mad...heh heh....har har! Whoopie! Crazy

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [AndyNewby] 1 NEW In reply to
Your "problem" is a feature, not a bug Wink

The number of new posts shown on the main page is based on the number of posts made since the last time you were in the forum. When you actually enter the forum, a post is determined as new if you have no viewed it yet. It is intentional - as soon as you enter a forum you don't want all the new posts to suddenly become not new, because you wouldn't be able to figure out what was new. However, you might not want to read them all, and you might only want to know if there are new posts since you last checked the list - and this is where the main page's "NEW" count comes into play.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [jagerman] 1 NEW In reply to
I've been noticing I read posts and then come back later and they are still marked as "new". This one seems to be the most recent:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...orum_view_collapsed;

I go to the main forum page (main index) , review the new threads and then open new windows for each forum that looks interesting. I either close the window if the threads in the forum don't interest me or open a new window to view each thread. Sometimes I'll simply click on the link if there is only one thread of interest instead of opening a new window (if I remember).

My guess is the multiplying windows are causing a problem with cookies, but you probably already figured that out.Wink

--
Rob

SW Montana's Online Community
Modular Model Railroading
Quote Reply
Re: [vanderen] 1 NEW In reply to
This is a known problem with the current version (0.9.6) - it only saves the last time you were in the forum, so if you use Previous/Next a lot, or make a habit of clicking the "Jump to latest" links, the next time you log in (even if transparently via an expired cookie or you having closed the browser) those threads will still show up as new.

I have a solution to the problem that is pretty much done; I'll upload it to the site later today.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com