Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

1.1.8 reverts back to 1.1.5

Quote Reply
1.1.8 reverts back to 1.1.5
I've had my hd fill up a couple of times which wipes the data.pm file. I'm using gforum v1.1.8. When I restore data.pm from a backup the version number of the software reads 1.1.5 and some of the features are missing (like the user icons aren't restricted in size, but appear full size in their dimensions).

The only way round this is to reupload install.cgi and dat and go through the install again, which is a pain. Is there anyway round this if data.pm should get wiped in future??

Jason
Quote Reply
Re: [wickedmoon] 1.1.8 reverts back to 1.1.5 In reply to
Hi,

All you need to do is to create a new backup of the 1.1.8 version of the file. Then when you restore it, all the settings from whenever you last backed up the config file will be used.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] 1.1.8 reverts back to 1.1.5 In reply to
That's what I'm saying, I have restored from a 1.1.8 backup, but the software from the browser reads 1.1.5. I've tried this a couple of times so don't think it's user error. I have to reupload install.dat and cgi from scratch.

Jason
Quote Reply
Re: [wickedmoon] 1.1.8 reverts back to 1.1.5 In reply to
Are you sure it is a 1.1.8 backup? The version is pulled directly from the config file, and is stored only in the config file. Perhaps you got the data but missed backing up the GForum/Config/Data.pm file the last time you backed up?

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com