Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

1.1.5 email selected users bug

Quote Reply
1.1.5 email selected users bug
I have tried twice today to send a message out to different selected users and get an error:

Invalid from e-mail address entered. You must correct it before sending the e-mails

This error is seen when I select my users to send it to -> am taken to the compose message screen -> then try to load an e-mail template. When you click load - the error surfaces.

This was not a problem prior to the 1.1.5 upgrade, so I am inclined to think it is a bug with the 1.1.5 release.

Last edited by:

shiner: Jun 13, 2002, 8:35 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [shiner] 1.1.5 email selected users bug In reply to
I've fixed this up - it happens because we have too many columns in the User table to fit them all in the GET query string - 1.1.6 has a fix to strip out the empty ones, to make this work again. We have it all ready to go and packaged up and will be releasing tomorrow morning.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] 1.1.5 email selected users bug In reply to
Outstanding! You guys are truly amazing - and we appreciate it! I have been looking forward to 1.1.6!!

Thank you,

Chris
Quote Reply
Jason,

In 1.1.6 - when I select EMAIL -> Selected Users, nothing happens when I hit the submit button on the search page. I am trying to send a message out to a user group, but when I select it and click submit - nothing happens. I have tried adding additional criteria too, like REGISTERED USERS and still - nothing...

Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: [shiner] 1.1.5 email selected users bug In reply to
You need to change the form method to post instead of get.

Realiiity.com Forums
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
I've fixed this up - it happens because we have too many columns in the User table to fit them all in the GET query string - 1.1.6 has a fix to strip out the empty ones, to make this work again. We have it all ready to go and packaged up and will be releasing tomorrow morning.

Jason,

While we're on the topic of emails... I made a post about performance of the subcscribe.pl script. Any thoughts on that?

Safe swoops
Sangiro