Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

[error] fatal error: "No To: field specified"

Quote Reply
[error] fatal error: "No To: field specified"
This error already happened nowadays, and was corrected then. Now comes back again.

When posting, this fatal error is displayed. The post is submitted correctly. Supposedly, the error happens, when the "Watched thread" mails would be sent out.

Quote:
A fatal error has occurred:

GT::Mail::Send (31324): No To: field specified. at /home/gossamer-threads/perl/gforum/admin/GT/Mail/Send.pm line 166.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] [error] fatal error: "No To: field specified" In reply to
Yup, I'm getting the same problem. It seems to only appear when the script trys to send a notification email for a thread (i.e after you just posted...). As Webmaster already said, it occured a few days ago, but then seemed to be fixed. Whats going on GT Wink

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [error] fatal error: "No To: field specified" In reply to
Can you send me a post it happened to you on? I can't seem to reproduce the error... Frown

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] [error] fatal error: "No To: field specified" In reply to
Am I being really naiive thinking that this error occurs when someone signs up for a watch thread but doesn't have an email address in their profile? Or is it to do with the way the scripts passes the emails to the mailer?

- wil
Quote Reply
It only seems to do it when you are replying to an existing thread that is being watched by at least one person (i.e the author of it). The post is still made successfully.

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [error] fatal error: "No To: field specified" In reply to
I've made a 1.1.5 update so that it no longer fatals if it can't send the e-mail - unless debugging is enabled. You shouldn't see the error any more.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
Hi Jason

Not sure if you've updated your local copy but not the one running on Gossamer Threads or what, but the bug just happened to me with the following thread:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=197532#197532

Cheers

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] [error] fatal error: "No To: field specified" In reply to
The bug is still here, it seems. It's just happened to me posting the following post:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=197664#197664

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] [error] fatal error: "No To: field specified" In reply to
Let me know if it happens again - I've added some debugging recording code to the error handler that should help diagnose the problem.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
Quote Reply
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...i?post=197714#197714

- wil