Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

[BUG REPORT 1.1.4] Upgrade problems @INC GForum::Table::Category

Quote Reply
[BUG REPORT 1.1.4] Upgrade problems @INC GForum::Table::Category
Hello!

While upgrading 1.0.0 to 1.1.4 with the latest binary, I get the following error.

Performing Gossamer Forum 1.0.0 -? 1.1.0 upgrades...
Removing 'user_cookies' column from the User table ...
Could not drop column user_cookies: Failed to execute query: 'ALTER TABLE forum_User DROP user_cookies' Reason: Can't DROP 'user_cookies'. Check that column/key exists
Adding column cat_depth to Category table...

This would be because I have tried couple of times now and most probably it does not exits. But further:

Error

An error occured:

GT::SQL (17641): Unable to load subclass: 'GForum::Table::Category'
Reason: Can't locate GForum/Table/Category.pm in @INC (@INC
contains: /cgi-bin/forum/admin
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0/i386-freebsd /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i386-freebsd
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at
/cgi-bin/forum/admin/GT/SQL/Base.pm
line 547. , Can't locate GForum/Table.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/cgi-bin/forum/admin
/usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0/i386-freebsd /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.6.0
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i386-freebsd
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at
/cgi-bin/forum/admin/GT/SQL/Base.pm
line 547. at GT::Base::_format_err line 931.

The modules Category, Table and Base are there. After the second try it made a bak.

After upgrade it does not work.

Last edited by:

rajani: May 9, 2002, 12:22 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [rajani] [BUG REPORT 1.1.4] Upgrade problems @INC GForum::Table::Category In reply to
Hello!

OK, found it. It was unpacking in a different directory.

When I run it via Web it does not unpack the binary properly. It somehow misses out one directory near the place of images directory.

Further, it doesnot offer the locations absolute and relative, via web.

Hence running it via SSH, i found out a different unpacking and unstallation routines! Then it did correct.
Quote Reply
Re: [rajani] [BUG REPORT 1.1.4] Upgrade problems @INC GForum::Table::Category In reply to
Well, thats not true either.........

What I did was a new installation elsewhere, which went flawless. Then I tried to do it with SSH the upgrade of the old 1.0.0, the error was the same.

The path at the start is correct but somewhere in the middle of the unarchiving where it starts the images directory, before out there, it changes the path higher to where it should be and gets into a wrong directory and then REMAINS in the new directory of the install packages!!!

There is something wrong somewhere. May be someone of GT could have a look and ask me some more details. Now I do not know what details GT staff would need.
Quote Reply
Hello!

I have now tried several times.

The upgrade does not work and gives the same error. New installation goes fine.
Quote Reply
Hi rajani,

This is happening because of a library that was added in 1.1.0 for the nested category handling, but removed again in 1.1.1 when nested categories (as well as posts) moved to a new generic tree handling module (GT::SQL::Tree). The 1.0.0 -> 1.1.0 upgrade code sets a table subclass for Category, but then when it tries to load it the file doesn't exist.

Unfortunately, there is another upgrade bug in the 1.1.2 upgrade code that I also hit in a 1.0.0 -> 1.1.4 test upgrade. Because of this, I'm going to rush the release of 1.1.5 a little and plan to release it tomorrow. It will have fixed code for both bugs - your upgrade with 1.1.5 should go smoothly.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com