Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
[-]
I think maybe [-] on the main forum page should be aligned right?
Quote Reply
Re: [PaulW] [-] In reply to
Nah. It should be:

[-] Gossamer Forum.

It should be before the category name. It would be more like an XML tag then.

- wil
Quote Reply
And they should be replaced with neat graphics, like MS's:

http://www.microsoft.com/...ulletin/ms01-058.asp

Well, this isn't a must. :-) But they should come before the category name IMO. That is the 'normal' way of doing these things. It would follow suite with windows explorer and many other applications ?

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] [-] In reply to
Quote:
And they should be replaced with neat graphics, like MS's:

Quote:
It would follow suite with windows explorer and many other applications ?

You know I hate to state the obvious but....

With all the recent ranting you've been doing about Microsoft, you then make a post asking for the forum to be modelled after Microsoft..

I guess that makes you umm....a........hypocrite Tongue
Quote Reply
No.

I like the way they have designed one page with expandable areas, indicated by a graphical + or - icon, similar to Windows Explorer and other XML applications.

If GT addopted this 'standard' it would make it more obvious and less confusing for users.

- wil
Quote Reply
definately something less confusing would be nice but not those square dice boxes ... hmmm ... soemthing more original like the gossamerforum logo ... could have a 1 guy then a 3 guy spread Laugh

gosh I wish people would stop looking towards M$ for ideas ... why don't you go straight to the M$ source and copy from there ... ie Apple Tongue or GT Tongue

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] [-] In reply to
Good point. Just I do tend to think that so many users use MS products for some very bizarre reason, then it does make sense to keep to their "standards" as to avoid confusion on what various things do.

- wil
Quote Reply
stick to the M$ way of life ... mmmm .... errrr .... hhhhmmmmm .... errrr .... nahhhhh!

somebody needs to show them the light one day or another ... actually XP looks like a step forward for once. I did say "look" didn't I ?? Crazy

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile