Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

"Got solution" marking system for threads

Quote Reply
"Got solution" marking system for threads
GT staff,
Important suggestion follows...

When do you have a technical support forum, like GT forum,
- users want to know which subject had a solution finally
- tech support persons on the forum, wants to know, which thread author got answer to his original question, and which not. If we could see, which threads got NO solution yet, could be clearly possible to see, which thread got solution and which not, so still needs help.

Suggestion :
1) Got solution marking system: Threads which "Got solution", and has "accepted answers" should be highlighted in the thread list.
2) The post which was selected as "accepted answer" should be highlighted.
3) Reward system: The author who opened the thread, selects those posters (maximum 3 posters?) whose help was extremely useful in the thread. The author can reward the selected helpers with maximum 10 points.
4) The site admin might be optionally notified in email about the succesful thread solution, so the site admin could close the thread if he wishes. Auto-close option (similarly to validate in LSQL) may be available which would close the successful thread after X hours.

The "Got solution marking system" would make easier for helpers to see, which thread is finished and which is open for help. Also this system would motivate users, not to post into a thread which already has accepted answer.
This will solution would fulfill the user self support system, and probably resulting less direct GT support requests...

The "Reward system" would motivate developers to actively help the user community, to get reward points, thus prestige.
This solution should fresh up the forum, activate the sleeping developers, and activate disappointed users who didn't get answer.

There is a successful live example for the "accepted answers" solution:
http://www.experts-exchange.com/...Perl/Q_21300572.html

I think GT should seriously consider implementing this feature into the GT Forum app, because this is not difficult to add, but bring a lot energy and freshness to the forum. Not to mention, I believe, this would increase GT Forum sellings...

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...

Last edited by:

webmaster33: Mar 4, 2005, 7:46 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] "Got solution" marking system for threads In reply to
Nobody finds this idea useful?

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
your idea is very useful, additionally what did you think about a trouble ticket system (Plugin?)
Quote Reply
Re: [eoeser] "Got solution" marking system for threads In reply to
Thanks your reply!
It seems nobody else did find this idea useful, including the GT staff Frown

Quote:
what did you think about a trouble ticket system (Plugin?)
Depends how would you like it to work?
I can't really imagine, how a trouble ticket system should be look, which is solved using a forum software...
What features should it have?

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
Quote Reply
not quite a full ticket system but:

Think about a forum with public and nonpublic forums. There are paid usergroups with priority and registered 'solvers'. If one user in the paid group(and associated forum) opens a thread, this is like open a 'ticket'.
Here comes your idea (usefull, not usefull).
When the solution is usefull ->pay, if not -> no pay. Possible divided by the numbers of solutions.

I know, that I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Good idea.
This would be useful to create something like a knowledge base, with paid experts...

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
Quote Reply
It seems the idea sinked into the history Frown

GT should add this "Got solution" feature to their forum, to make easier for us (the community supporters), to see which thread was solved and which one is still looking for solution... Unsure

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support