Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Reset forums last post date

Quote Reply
Reset forums last post date
Hi there,

Something happened a while ago I didn't think was possible. A bot spammed our GT Forums... I think we were lucky though, our Content manager quickly picked up on it and banned its ip before it could wreak havoc. It did manage to get a couple of hundred spam posts through, which was removed by hand.

Now the threads' , from which the spam posts was removed, last post date is incorrect. It displays the spam posts' date (They were the last posts in many cases) in stead of the actual last posts date.

Is there a way to fix this? I have tried looking in the forum's admin panels and in the GT Forum here, but couldn't find anything.

Sacrifice is not about what you lose,
it is about what you gain in the process.
Quote Reply
Re: [EZFrag] Reset forums last post date In reply to
Hi,

As far as I know, thats not a feature. Would be nice to see it included in GForum 2 though Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
We had the same thing happen here, but we're busy working on another project at the moment to fix it properly. When we do, we'll post the code.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Just remembered this. In the tools directory, there are two scripts, rebuild_last.pl and rebuild_latest_posters.pl. rebuild_last.pl will run very quickly and will fix the latest posters in the category view, but it will still be incorrect in the forum view. rebuild_latest_posters.pl has to go through all posts to fix things so it can take a while to run.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Reset forums last post date In reply to
Ah, thanks for that Smile

Sacrifice is not about what you lose,
it is about what you gain in the process.