Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Poll Plugin - License Change

Quote Reply
Poll Plugin - License Change
I just wanted to let you know that the Poll plugin is now available for free for everyone, i.e. there is no longer a registration fee for commercial users.

The main reason for this license change is that I spent a lot of time exchanging emails with people who wanted to convince me that they were running a non-profit website, and I really have better things to do....

Anyway, I will still be maintaining the plugin (i.e. I try to make sure that the plugin works fine with every new release of GForum), and I will be including new features (e.g. the possibility to vote for images) in the not-so-distant future.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] Poll Plugin - License Change In reply to
Thanks for that. Just trying it out...

There seems to be some html on the about page that prevents it from displaying in Netscape (Windoze v4.79). I haven't found it yet, but will let you know if I do.
Michael Coyne
seaturtle.org
Quote Reply
cool Yogi Cool

I was hoping in the future to use your plugin but I was wondering what kind of status I would've been in.
Now, this clears it all up Angelic

How about using a voluntery registration, with donations or ... possibly a donation allows personal email questions ... hate to see you revenue completely Angelic

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Hello Ivan

Thanks !

mfg hoefti
linktobuy Web Directory
Ratgeber Recht
Quote Reply
Good news, Thanks.
Quote Reply
Hi

And those who paid just got hammered.. Pirate
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [katabd] Poll Plugin - License Change In reply to
ouch.

Hmmm, maybe like I suggested. Personal assistance for those who pay.

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
hi yogi

I've installed the poll plugin but am totally confused with how the permissions work. ie - What is the "Forum ID" field for when setting up a poll? Does it limit polls to that forum?

Are you able to explain the permissions in dummy terms (I know it probably already is!) - or point me to a web page/posting with more info.

r
Quote Reply
hi yogi - i think i found a bug for you with the poll plugin.

my "images" folder is not in the standard gforum install location, and after i installed the plugin i found the 3 images leftbar, mainbar and rightbar images were not installed anywhere.

i then copied the images down (off the poll on your site) and installed in my images directory and it worked fine.

i think your plugin might need to pull the images path out of the config when it's doing the install of those images so they go in the right place - or check to make sure the images directory exists. I never got any warning that the images weren't installed.

hope that helps!

r