Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
A bug of Poll Plugin
When user do not writing any poll options or only one poll options, The poll is valid and show it is a poll. But this poll cannot let other to poll.

suggestion: set poll to post if no poll option or only one poll option write. add a function to make a poll to normal post by admin or moderators.
Quote Reply
Re: [backdream] A bug of Poll Plugin In reply to
This is indeed a bug (it would be interesting to meet those people who write polls with just one possible answer).

I have fixed the bug, the updated plugin will be available for download from GT as soon as the plugin download system is working again.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] A bug of Poll Plugin In reply to
>>
it would be interesting to meet those people who write polls with just one possible answer
<<

lol

Do you like Microsoft?

[] No

Last edited by:

Paul: Jul 31, 2002, 3:38 AM
Quote Reply
Hi yogi

How about a way that registered users can obtain the plug in updates till GT comes up with a new download software...?
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [katabd] A bug of Poll Plugin In reply to
I have sent you the new version by email.

The plugin download now seems to work again, except that I cannot download the poll plugin myself. Crazy

From now on, only paid users, and users with a free license will be able to download the plugin. If you don't have a paid, and you don't have a free license, you should follow the instructions you see when you try to download the plugin.

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
sorry, but I use a Non-profit license and cannot download the new poll plugin,Please email me one? And I regist it in your homepage. Thanks.

email : backdream@bigfoot.com
Quote Reply
But you add a new fatal bug: user cannot post anymore. when click post new, write subject and post, submit it ,it will return post new, like it 's a poll new and not write poll options.
Quote Reply
Oops, that slipped my eye....

It should be fine now.

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
New Version 1.0.4 In reply to
I have put up a new version on the GT server. This new version will display an error message when a user tries to post a poll with less than two options.

This includes a small change in the "include_poll_write.html" template. If you are not using the default templates you have to update the template manually.

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] New Version 1.0.4 In reply to
Hi Yogi

Any news on the random feature we talked about?
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
New Version 1.0.5 In reply to
I have put a new version, version 1.0.5, (second new version for today...) where you can use

gforum.cgi?do=poll_ssi;poll=random

to display a random poll.

Ivan
-----

Last edited by:

yogi: Aug 5, 2002, 12:41 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] New Version 1.0.4 In reply to
Hi

LOL

You are super fast...thanks
Regards
KaTaBd

Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] New Version 1.0.5 In reply to
Hi Yogi,

Can the poll_ssi be seen on a different domain than the one it was created on?

If not, how can I remotely show the polls on another domain?

Thanks!Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [Teambldr] New Version 1.0.5 In reply to
I am not too familiar with this. I think you could use an iframe html element to do this.

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] New Version 1.0.5 In reply to
Thanks Yogi. I will check it out!Cool