Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Moderator editing of groups

Quote Reply
Moderator editing of groups
Has anyone already developed anything that will allow forum moderators to edit a group? Seems like something that would be pretty useful. I don't want to give alot of people access to the admin pages, but I would like the moderators of some restricted forums to be able to autonomously control thier group list.

thanks,
Michael Coyne
seaturtle.org
Quote Reply
Re: [mcoyne] Moderator editing of groups In reply to
I too have run into this issue as well as a moderators ability to make a forum private.

I seem to have a lot of potential users of my forum that use Delphi forums. So some of the functions that they like from there I would like to see cross over to GT forum and the higher level of moderator controls is a big one.
Quote Reply
Re: [Teambldr] Moderator editing of groups In reply to
This is a must for me. Has anyone started this?
Quote Reply
Re: [bretzke] Moderator editing of groups In reply to
I think that being able to ban people only in specific groups would be quite a good idea. Maybe letting an admin know why they were banned in the specific group also.
It would be nice for moderators to be able to mail the group of people he/she is in charge of as well, either via PM or via email.
Significant Media

Last edited by:

Jag: Sep 2, 2002, 2:18 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [mcoyne] Moderator editing of groups In reply to
I've got a plugin that does this more-or-less working - it works by allowing the admin to set a group moderator, and then on the user side the moderator can add and remove users from his group. Unfortunately, I came across a few bugs in the plugin hooks for groups, so this'll have to wait until we get 1.1.8 out. Judging from the number of minor bug fixes for 1.1.7, this shouldn't be much longer.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Jagerman] Moderator editing of groups In reply to
This thing works great Jagerman, Thanks!
Quote Reply
How is this plugin coming along? I would love to try it out.

thanks,
Michael Coyne
seaturtle.org
Quote Reply
I would also like to try this plugin.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins