Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Forum SearchLogger ... I know it's been asked ...

Quote Reply
Forum SearchLogger ... I know it's been asked ...
... but has there been a fix to the problem of not being able to purge search terms/searches from the forum SearchLogger plugin?

The plugin is a great function, but the list will become unwieldy in a hurry of you can't purge the list!

Thanks

Steve

Visit The Guitar Diner
Quote Reply
Re: [Boomer] Forum SearchLogger ... I know it's been asked ... In reply to
Give this a go. Its my first mod to a plugin for GForum, but hopefully it will work (tested on my copy, and it was ok)....

It looks like a similar Plugin system to Links SQL, so I may have to start developing plugins for GForum too now Wink

Give it a go, and let me know how it goes. Maybe Alex/Jason want to update it on the main download server....as I can see quit ea few people wanting to hgave this feature... ;)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Forum SearchLogger ... I know it's been asked ... In reply to
I don't know which bit you modified but if it was do_purge then you missed a big flaw. If the person clicks "No" to purging the records then it will purge anyway as all you added was:

Code:
if (!$IN->param('confirm')) { print "You need to confirm!"; }

# if we got here, they must have confirmed it, so now do the actual purging...

Last edited by:

Paul: Dec 3, 2002, 10:56 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Forum SearchLogger ... I know it's been asked ... In reply to
Whoops...I meant to pass that to &error, because that has an error call in it Tongue

But, after seeing another thread, it seems that Jason added this feature too....whoops Crazy

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!