Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Development, Plugins and Globals :

[ NEW PLUGIN ] AdSenseShareForum v1

(Page 1 of 2)
> >
Quote Reply
[ NEW PLUGIN ] AdSenseShareForum v1
Hi,

I'm please to announce the release of AdSenseShareForum. This is a "port" of the AdSenseShare plugin I wrote a couple of days ago, for GLinks.

This plugin lets you "share" you ad-space on your Gossamer Forum installation. Simply fill out a few plugin settings - place a bit of code in post_view_flat.html, and voila =) This lets your users earn from the prosperity of your site (i.e the more "useful" posts they make, the more traffic you get - and the more they in turn will earn, as their posts will get viewed more)

Also part of the following "packages";

PRICE: $30

Demo: Demo Available? No

Plugin Description:

This plugin lets you "share" you ad-space on your Gossamer Forum installation. Simply fill out a few plugin settings - place a bit of code in post_view_flat.html, and voila =) This lets your users earn from the prosperity of your site (i.e the more "useful" posts they make, the more traffic you get - and the more they in turn will earn, as their posts will get viewed more)

Plugin Requirements:
  • Gossamer Forum 1.2.3

Features:
  • Very simple to setup, just add one line of code to post_view_flat.html (where you want the ad code to show), then setup the profile page, so link owners can edit their "Publisher ID", for Adsense - and voila.
  • You can set it to show every xx pages. For example, set to "5", and it will show 5 of your adverts - and then 1 of theirs.
If you have any questions, please let me know.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!

Last edited by:

Andy: Feb 26, 2008, 2:17 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [ NEW PLUGIN ] AdSenseShareForum v1 In reply to
Will adsense code been displayed only for users that start threads all all users that are posting in one thread?

Also, maybe to add some option that user must have let say 10 or 20 post to her code been displayed.

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Re: [deadroot] [ NEW PLUGIN ] AdSenseShareForum v1 In reply to
Hi,

deadroot wrote:
Will adsense code been displayed only for users that start threads all all users that are posting in one thread?

It will only do it for the person who posted the thread.

Quote:
Also, maybe to add some option that user must have let say 10 or 20 post to her code been displayed.

Not yet, but I like that idea - I'll get that added in :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
New features could also include that besides AdSense ID user can put AdSense Channel ID so one that have account on google adsense can create specific channel just to use on forum.

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Hi,

deadroot wrote:
New features could also include that besides AdSense ID user can put AdSense Channel ID so one that have account on google adsense can create specific channel just to use on forum.

Regards.

Is this the ChannelID?

Code:
<script type="text/javascript"><!--
google_ad_client = "pub-3171934375285541";
/* 468x60, created 2/26/08 */
google_ad_slot = "4157986921";
google_ad_width = 468;
google_ad_height = 60;
//-->
</script>
<script type="text/javascript"
src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
</script>

?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Nope. Now I noticed that with new AdSense codes, channel ID was removed from code (new google policy so you can change your ads withouth changing code on your page)

Unsure

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Hi,

deadroot wrote:
Nope. Now I noticed that with new AdSense codes, channel ID was removed from code (new google policy so you can change your ads withouth changing code on your page)

Unsure
#

Ah, ok - so they don't let you use Channel ID's now then?

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
deadroot wrote:

Regards.
Hi,

I've just uploaded version 1.1. This includes a new plugin setting, MinNumberPostsRequired. Just set this to the number of posts a user must have made, before they are put into the rotation of of Adsense ad's on their posts Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Andy wrote:

Ah, ok - so they don't let you use Channel ID's now then?

Cheers

Yes they do. But now you can setup it on AdSense administration withouth changing your code on page. Which is actually more cool Wink

Regards

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
To make this plugin work with GComm I also need to sync fields like in GLinks?

Regards.

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Hi,

Mmm... this won't work with GComm I'm afraid.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Andy wrote:
Hi,

Mmm... this won't work with GComm I'm afraid.

Cheers

Frown Than it's useless for me...

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Hi,

I'll see if I can come up with a version that works with GComm. Its not easy though, cos it requires connecting to the GComm DB every time a page is loaded, to get the users AdSenseID from the comm_users table, which can be a bit stressful on sites if you have a lot of activity on the site :(

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
And it's not possible to sync databases between GComm and GForum link it was here http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...?post=297997#p297997 between GLinks and GComm?

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Hi,

Sure, but I don't think it'll work quite like you are thinking, as to get the value of the LinkOwner's AdSenseID, it requires looking at the glinks_Users (or gforum_User table, in the case of this one) - to get the AdSenseID (remember, the adsenseID is for the person who MADE the post, NOT the person who's viewing it (in that case, it would be easier - as it would already exist in $USER)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Andy wrote:
Hi,

Sure, but I don't think it'll work quite like you are thinking, as to get the value of the LinkOwner's AdSenseID, it requires looking at the glinks_Users (or gforum_User table, in the case of this one) - to get the AdSenseID (remember, the adsenseID is for the person who MADE the post, NOT the person who's viewing it (in that case, it would be easier - as it would already exist in $USER)

Cheers

Sorry, but don't really understand what do you mean. Unsure

So, why do you need to look in gcomm_user table to see AdSenseID and not in gforum_users table?

When someone is viewing post, you connect to gforum database, look in gforum_users table for the ID of person who made post, get his adsenseID and print it.

Second part would be, when some is editing or adding his profile in gcomm, we already have AdSenseID field there for GLinks, just add sync command so when someone add or change adsenseID that value is added in gforum_users table. Or am I missing something?

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Re: [DeadMan] [ NEW PLUGIN ] AdSenseShareForum v1 In reply to
Hi,

Sorry, yeah - you are right - it should work.

Code:
AdSenseID => $user->{prof_AdSenseID},

..as per this thread: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/...?post=297997#p297997

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Ok. I've manage to do it.

Now

Code:
<tr>
<td align=right>
<%body_font%>AdSense Publisher ID:<%/body_font%>
</td>
<td>
<select class="button" name="AdSenseID">
<input class="button" type="text" size="40" maxlength="255" name="AdSenseID" value="<%AdSenseID%>">
</select>
</td>
</tr>

<tr>
<td align=right>
<%body_font%>AdSense Channel ID:<%/body_font%>
</td>
<td>
<select class="button" name="AdSenseChannelID">
<input class="button" type="text" size="40" maxlength="255" name="AdSenseChannelID" value="<%AdSenseChannelID%>">
</select>
</td>
</tr>

This is code from AdSenseShare Readme. I think bold text is not necessary

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Hi,

Thanks, I'll get that removed. The reason its there, is because I started doing the extra feature where users could also apply a ChannelID to their code, but as we found out - Google stopped giving out channel IDs, so its of no use.

I'll get that removed, and upload a new version :)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Ok. Just don't know why did you use <select> tags Wink

UnReal Network
Quote Reply
Hi,

Aaah - I see what you mean now Tongue

Ya, thats not right - I'll get that fixed up :P

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi,

Version 1.2 now has this fix =)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
This plugin doesn't work :(

Few people which correctly added their Publisher ID reported then in place where banner should be displayed, they get 404 Not Found error. My banner is displaying ok, but their doesn't work.

Is it maybe because you can't show other pub-id on your ad_slot?

Also, I've put "1" in "ShowEveryXPages" to display banner 50/50 but it's not working. My banner is displayed 3 or 4 times and then banner of thread starter.
Regards.

UnReal Network

Last edited by:

DeadMan: Mar 18, 2008, 1:41 PM
Quote Reply
Hi,

I don't think it'll be a 404 code, but more just the adsense adverts not showing. What code do you see when the advert is blank?

Quote:
Also, I've put "1" in "ShowEveryXPages" to display banner 50/50 but it's not working. My banner is displayed 3 or 4 times and then banner of thread starter.
Regards.

Mmm.. let me know what link ID you are testing this with, and I'll take a look for you, to see whats happening. I expect its working fine Smile (remember, if someone else is accessing the page too - it will reset back to the start, etc)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Hi,

Very 1.3 is now out, which makes use of both SlotID, and PublisterID, so that it works fine with the new AdSense code.

The new versions available from our Members Area Smile

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
> >