Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
compiled templates
hehe, gotta find out what exactly these do.

From reading the top I can see that they are a speed reduction that of thing, but what happens if you modify your templates ... do these compiled versions also need to be changed or are they more like the dbman type of idea that you let the forum do the grunt but plain jane work?

For now I just want to fiddle a little with the templates to figure out how much work I have in front of me to get gforum to intergrate into my site. Later, will be more of all out type of effort.

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] compiled templates In reply to
Hi,

The template parser is pretty slick. It will take your template, and convert it into a perl subroutine. The next time you display that template, it just runs the perl subsroutine avoiding any compilation at all!

It is smart enough to check to see if you modified the template, or any of the includes, and will recompile it if it's changed.

Hold off on any major template work as we will be making changes before the final.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] compiled templates In reply to
Cool dammmmmmm is all I can say Cool

OK, will do ... just was gonna play with the header/footer files ... for now just a wrap effect.

Will it be able to handle foreign languages?

Quote Reply
Re: [QooQ] compiled templates In reply to
Hi,

Yes, there's no reason you shouldn't be able to translate this into a foreign language (even different character sets -- the email editor now allows you to put custom email headers so you can specify character sets).

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] compiled templates In reply to
Smile

wahoo