Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Polls not displaying
Heya,

I seem to have a problem getting polls to display after they've been created. No problem with the Add Poll button, no problem getting a poll write form to show up but there's no poll in the preview and also none when I submit the message and view it. The permissions are set to default.

I've added the relevant piece of code into all three the post_view templates:

Code:
<%/body_table%>
<!-- BEGIN POLL PLUGIN MOD -->
<%if poll_view%> <%include include_poll_view.html%>
<%elsif poll_results%> <%include include_poll_results.html%>
<%endif%>
<!-- END POLL PLUGIN MOD -->
<%loop post_loop%>
<%body_table%>

Been staring at these templates forever! Any suggestions? Crazy

Safe swoops
Sangiro

Last edited by:

sangiro: Sep 28, 2002, 12:49 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [sangiro] Polls not displaying In reply to
Does it work in neither of the templates? Try viewing the posts "flat", "threaded", and "printable". Maybe you have just put the template tags at the wrong place.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Try clearing the post_view templates from templates/default/compiled
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] Polls not displaying In reply to
It seems to work in the "threaded" templates... which strangely enough is the one that I thought was hardest to figure out where it should go by just looking at the instructions in the "About" section. Crazy

The two flat templates have one instance of <%loop post_loop%> only (that I can find anyway) and it seems like that should be the easy ones. See my code snippet above.

Paul, I removed the post_view_flat.html.compiled template.... No joy though. Unsure

Safe swoops
Sangiro
Quote Reply
On the post_view_flat.html template, can you include

<%GT::Template::dump%>

at the end of the template?

Then have a look at post_loop, the first entry should have "post_is_poll" set to 1. Further, "poll_view" or "poll_results" should be set to 1.

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
Hmmm..... you seem to be onto something here. Post_is_poll is set to 0 and I cannot find poll_view or poll_results anywhere in the dump file.

I attached a post loop for a flat view template. In threaded view there are loads of Poll variables and everything seem to work fine.

Safe swoops
Sangiro

Last edited by:

sangiro: Sep 29, 2002, 9:37 AM
Quote Reply
Any idea why this may be happening? Could this be caused by another plug-in?

Safe swoops
Sangiro
Quote Reply
Strangely enough, I had the same problem yesterday, but now I can't seem to reproduce it....

I have uploaded a new version, which should produce an error if anything goes wrong during the creation process of the poll.

It works fine for me now....

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
Hi Yogi,
I have just installed your poll plug-in and I came across a weird thing. When I create a new forum and there are no posts then the "New Poll" doesn't appear just "Post New Message". So I posted a message and then the "New Poll" appeared along with "Expand all threads".
Just thought I'd let you know...

John
Significant Media
Quote Reply
Re: [Jag] Polls not displaying In reply to
That's because you haven't read the installation instructions carefullly enough. Wink It says that you have to add some code three times, on forum_view.html, and you only added it twice (or once), I guess.

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
Yogi - I uninstalled my plug-in (1.0.8) and downloaded it from your server again (also 1.0.8) It works now. Smile

Safe swoops
Sangiro
Quote Reply
Good.

Ivan
-----
Quote Reply
I noticed that when I edit a poll the signature line at the bottom of the poll post is carried over into the edit box, and added again by the script when you complete your edit. This results in a double signature when you edit a poll. Other than that it looks sweet. Thanks! Smile

Safe swoops
Sangiro
Quote Reply
Sorry to have wasted your time, I'm working too much and getting to bed too late. Frown

But I'll take your advice and I'll be more careful next time Wink

John
Significant Media