Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Poll plugins HELP
install Poll plugins is OK.
bug when build a new poll,
display error message

A fatal error has occurred:

Failed to execute query: 'UPDATE gforum_Post SET WHERE post_id = ?' Reason: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'WHERE post_id = 1144' at line 1 at E:/www_root/cgi-bin/gforum/admin/Plugins/GForum/Poll.pm line 151.

Please enable debugging in setup for more details.

but ,the poll is build new poll OK

HELP me please.

my MSN: perlchina_at_hotmail.com
Quote Reply
Re: [tsingson] Poll plugins HELP In reply to
Does your Post table have a column:

post_is_poll

in it? Try typing 'describe gforum_Post' in Database->SQL Monitor to check, and then double check the def file.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [tsingson] Poll plugins HELP In reply to
I had a similar problem... the def files weren't properly being updated when I deploy plugins to multiple front-end web servers. I believe if the table changes are already made, then the defs wont get updated.

I think you'll get errors if you installed gforum and database, installed poll plugin, re-install all gforum cgi scripts + plugins, but did not reinstall the database.

Check the /htdocs/admin/defs/gforum_Post.def file and make sure there is the following definition:

Code:

'post_is_poll' => {
'default' => '0',
'form_display' => 'Post contains a Poll',
'form_size' => '2',
'form_type' => 'INT',
'not_null' => '1',
'pos' => '35',
'size' => '3',
'type' => 'TINYINT'
},
--
Christianity.com Forums
Quote Reply
Antwort: [Alex] Re: [tsingson] Poll plugins HELP In reply to
i had uninstall poll plugins and restart my system
then reinstall poll plugins againt.

it worl OK!

but, i want to know why??

and , when add new poll group to one forum_ID, but all forum display the button "add poll",
how to set the limit of administrator to add poll and all user only vote??

my MSN: perlchina_at_hotmail.com
Quote Reply
Re: [tsingson] Antwort: [Alex] Re: [tsingson] Poll plugins HELP In reply to
> how to set the limit of administrator to add poll and all user only vote??

You don't need poll groups for this. In the plugin options, set

poll_vote_permission: 3
poll_write_permission: 7
poll_edit_permission: 7

This allows administrators to post polls in any forum, and all users and guests are allowed to vote.

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins
Quote Reply
Re: [yogi] Antwort: [Alex] Re: [tsingson] Poll plugins HELP In reply to
Can please someone advise me how to edit the gforum_Post.def ?
I see the 'post_is_poll' code is not there, but when I try to edit this file there is an error and the forums will not be visible after editing this. How do I edit this file? It seems impossible to do. I tried only to edit one unimportant space in this file and then delete it to make it the same as before, but for some reason I could not use this file anymore. So I always have to replace it by the backup file. I hope you can understand what I mean. I’m using notepad or online cpanel file manager to edit the files.
Can anyone advice how to edit the gforum_Post.def file so it contains the 'post_is_poll' code?

Quote Reply
Re: [modifier] Antwort: [Alex] Re: [tsingson] Poll plugins HELP In reply to
If you paste your changes, I can tell you what's wrong with it. The most likely problem is that you're pasting the snippet above at the bottom of the file. You need to add a comma (,) to the previous entry for that to work.

Adrian

Last edited by:

brewt: Apr 19, 2007, 1:54 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Antwort: [Alex] Re: [tsingson] Poll plugins HELP In reply to
Thanks for the replay. In the attachment are two files. One original file and the edited file. If you could look at it it would be very helpful.
Quote Reply
Re: [modifier] Antwort: [Alex] Re: [tsingson] Poll plugins HELP In reply to
Also the files look like this on my comp: