Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Import from old forum
Hi all

Just wondering if it is possible to import messages from an old forum that was used / much the way Links SQL works.

I have a forum that has hundreds of messages but would like to move them all from my old software to the Gforum software.

I know with links sql you can import stuff like the dmoz directory etc etc but is it possible to do the same with the forum.

If this is not available yet it would be a great addon for the next realease.

Kirk

--------------------------------------------------

Life isn't like a box of chocolates ... it's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Re: [mekro] Import from old forum In reply to
The current release (v1.1.1) has import scripts for WWWThreads (Perl and PHP versions), UBB5, and UBB6. The next release (v1.1.2) will also include a ikonboard import, and possibly (if it's completed in time) a vBulletin import.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Import from old forum In reply to
just an idea, but you should also consider import scripts for phpBB the 1.x.x and 2.x.x series.

Angelic

openoffice + gimp + sketch ... Smile
Quote Reply

This may be a dumb question, but I have version 1.1.1 and I can't seem to find the import script for UBB5. Where do I find that? Shocked
In Reply To:
The current release (v1.1.1) has import scripts for WWWThreads (Perl and PHP versions), UBB5, and UBB6. The next release (v1.1.2) will also include a ikonboard import, and possibly (if it's completed in time) a vBulletin import.
Quote Reply
Re: [OnlineMlm] Import from old forum In reply to
Look at import.pl in the admin/tools directory.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Thanks.. I'll do that.. Cool