Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Development, Plugins and Globals :

How about a birthday plugin?

Quote Reply
How about a birthday plugin?
My moderator who usually keeps track of them has finally had enough of trying to keep track of 800 birthdays.

Anyone feel like tackling it? I can't be the only one that would like to acknowledge users in some small way.

Visit The Guitar Diner
Quote Reply
Re: [Boomer] How about a birthday plugin? In reply to
Hi Steve,

What features should be included?

Cheers,

Cheers,

Dat

Programming and creating plugins and templates
Blog
Quote Reply
Re: [tandat] How about a birthday plugin? In reply to
You may want to check this out as it can be used for Birthdays or other events. Calendar of events (moved topic)

Sandra Roussel
Chonsa Group Design - Fresh Start Housing
Quote Reply
Re: [tandat] How about a birthday plugin? In reply to
Hi Dat!

I was hoping someone might have whipped one up like some of the other forums have.

I suppose there would need to be a spot in the user profile with drop downs to set their birth date and then have either a list of "Today's Birthdays" or even "This Week's Birthdays" be listed below the forum listing on the Category Page and above the = Forum has new posts - Mark all read.

It would be nice if we could get some hints as to what will be included in the forum v.2 so no one is duplicating any work.

Shoot me an email and maybe the Diner will pay for development and then we can offer it at a small price to recoup the development costs.

Steve

Visit The Guitar Diner
Quote Reply
Re: [Boomer] How about a birthday plugin? In reply to
In Reply To:
My moderator who usually keeps track of them has finally had enough of trying to keep track of 800 birthdays.

Anyone feel like tackling it? I can't be the only one that would like to acknowledge users in some small way.
Hi,

This is a plugin I wrote for Gossamer Community, maybe it would be of some use? http://www.ultranerds.com/.../BirthdayEmail_L155/ (Gossamer Community is free).

If you have any questions, please let me know (I could port this over to Gossamer Forum for you, for a fee - so please contact me if you didn't want to go down the Gossamer Community route).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!