Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
Forms and Buttons
I've searched through forum messages for answers to no avail (but could have missed it). Forgive me if this question has been asked before. If so, I'd appreciate the link.

I am trying to adjust colors to fit our site colors. The problem is, I can't find where the code is for the form field backgrounds. I want to change the light green to white. Also the green go/submit buttons such as Search, Log In, Post New, Expand all Threads, Check Spelling, etc. Can someone help?

Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: [Westiegirl] Forms and Buttons In reply to
Most of the colors used are stored in template globals (admin -> Templates -> Globals), but a couple are in the include_css.html file.

The global variable you are looking for is "light_green" - we've been meaning to go through and change all of these (light_green, dark_green, etc.) to something more meaningful (ie. form_bgcolor) but it's still on the todo list and didn't make it into 1.1.1. Unfortunately, it's a big change which will break most customized templates, which is the main reason we haven't made the change yet.

Jason Rhinelander
Gossamer Threads
jason@gossamer-threads.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Westiegirl] Forms and Buttons In reply to
It's in the "include_css.html" template.
Quote Reply
Re: [heavybombers] Forms and Buttons In reply to
Yes, it is and thank you both! I had looked through that file before but somehow missed it.

So much code - so little time... Crazy