Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Development, Plugins and Globals :

Bug? When threads are moved to a forum that users don't have access to, users can still see references to the thread in the "show user post" list.

Quote Reply
Bug? When threads are moved to a forum that users don't have access to, users can still see references to the thread in the "show user post" list.
Is this known? We have a private forum where we move threads that are questionable. Should a user be able to see these threads in thier list of posts? They can't access them but it strikes me that they shouldn't be in the list at all?

JT

Last edited by:

jtaylor1024: Dec 2, 2006, 9:49 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [jtaylor1024] Bug? When threads are moved to a forum that users don't have access to, users can still see references to the thread in the "show user post" list. In reply to
I believe its done like that for performance reasons. I'll see if there's anything we can do about it. However, if you're just moving spammy posts, then I'd recommend just not leaving the pointer post.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Bug? When threads are moved to a forum that users don't have access to, users can still see references to the thread in the "show user post" list. In reply to
Thanks for your response. I'm not leaving the pointer though. It still shows up in the "show users posts" list regardless. They can't click on it but I have questions from several users, why is my thread in the X forum? What is the XYZ forum etc. You are right, we keep spammy/questionable posts in an admin only holding area for documentation purposes but I'd rather not have them show up at all if they don't have permission in that specific forum.

I wonder if it could be coded in such a way that a small performace hit would be localized to the "Show users posts" list which isn't exercised as much without affecting performance in other areas of the application?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: [jtaylor1024] Bug? When threads are moved to a forum that users don't have access to, users can still see references to the thread in the "show user post" list. In reply to
I just tested it on our forum, and it looks like that if you have your junk forum set up correctly (ie. all other users should have "No Access" privileges), then the posts shouldn't show up.

Adrian