Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Development, Plugins and Globals :

[NEW PLUGIN] ReportAUser v1.0

Quote Reply
[NEW PLUGIN] ReportAUser v1.0
Hi,

I'm pleased to announce my latest plugin, ReportAUser v1.0.

This plugin lets your users report anyone who's "trolling", abusing other members, or just being a general nuisance on your forum. You can then go in your admin panel, to a "view reports" page, where you can see all users who have been reported. Once you have dealt with this users (or decided its not worthy of an action, you can set the report to "been processed", and it will go from your report list then.

Detailed Page: http://www.ultranerds.com/...ns/ReportAUser_L237/

This plugin is also part of the "GForum ULTRA Package" [ view all ]

Price: $35

Plugin Requirements:

• Gossamer Forum 1.2.0+

Features:

• Very simple to install
  • Lets your users interact with you, and let you know which users they feel are abusing the forum
  • Easy to use admin area, to view the reported users, and deal with them.

Screenshots:

You can see the screenshots here: http://www.ultranerds.com/...ns/ReportAUser_L237/

As always, if you have any questions - please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] [NEW PLUGIN] ReportAUser v1.0 In reply to
Hey Andy,

This plugin has great potential and could fill a gap that I think exists in GForum - providing the ability for users to help 'police' their own communities. In large forums with thousands of posts per day providing some way to alert mods/admins about abuse prevents them from having to troll through every post on the forums every day. I think to make this really valuable you need to provide some kind of interface that mods can access as well. Probably not unlike a standard ticketing interface. I would suggest the emphasis should be on reporting posts, not users:

1) User reports a post by clicking on the link and adding a short message
2) All moderators of the forum that receives a PM that a user reported a post (can switch this on/off)
3) Mods can go to the 'ticketing' interface to see a list of all reports
4) If a mod chooses to deal with the issue he/she can assign the ticket to themselves.
5) Mod deals with the issue and enters his/her notes about how it was resolved
6) Mod closes the 'ticket'.
7) Retain a searchable historic log of all closed tickets for future reference..

If I had all complaints in my forum come to me as the admin it would drive me nuts!! Just some thoughts to keep in mind if you ever decide to build on this plugin. Wink

Safe swoops
Sangiro

Last edited by:

sangiro: Mar 27, 2008, 3:32 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [sangiro] [NEW PLUGIN] ReportAUser v1.0 In reply to
Hi,

Thanks for the ideas. I may well add those features in when GForum 2 comes out - but I've got a feeling theres gonna be some changes in the table structure (due to the new features that are coming with the new version)

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!