Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Development, Plugins and Globals :

[NEW] User Filtering Plugin

Quote Reply
[NEW] User Filtering Plugin
Hokay I said tommorrow but I was bored today so I made it.

This plugin will filter posts many by any user you specify in a textarea in your profile.

It hasn't been extensively tested but it was working for me in flat/threaded views just fine. If there are any booboo's I'll address them tommorrow as it is almost 9pm

Hope you enjoy it. See the about page for instructions.

Last edited by:

Paul: Oct 9, 2002, 9:41 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] [NEW] User Filtering Plugin In reply to
God bless you. :)

Realiiity.com Forums
Quote Reply
Re: [ellipsiiis] [NEW] User Filtering Plugin In reply to
Just a little FYI....those popups on your site installed something called "WeatherCast" on my pc without my permission...not a happy bunny Pirate

Last edited by:

Paul: Aug 31, 2002, 3:22 PM
Quote Reply
Errg, I thought I got that one turned off. The problem is we use three different ad services and I don't know which one it's coming from.

Realiiity.com Forums
Quote Reply
Hi Paul,
Here is the French text that needs to be added to the user_profile_basic.html template :

<tr>
<td align=right valign=top>
<%body_font%>
Filtrer les messages des utilsateurs (dans les discussions):<br>
<small>(un utilisateur par ligne)</small>
<%/body_font%>
</td>
<td>
<textarea name=block_user class=button cols="<%user_cols%>" rows="<%user_rows%>" wrap=soft><%if block_user%><%block_user%><%endif%></textarea>
</td>
</tr>

As you can see I have modified the text to inform that it concerns messages in the discussions, since I have also installed your nifty Private Message blocking Plugin and I feel that the two need to be differentiated so as not to confuse users about what and where they are blocking messages.

John

PS : I will post the French one for the PM Blocker just after
Significant Media
Quote Reply
Is it possible to add some html to the include_post_display.html that would essentially say IGNORE USER - and when clicked, it adds that specific user to your ignore list?